Is This Site Faking New Members And Their Posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Go Opera if you want to lose adverts.
Going to the Opera is an extreme way to avoid adverts.

Can't say im a fan of this idea...

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I consulted the book of Wisdom on this subject....The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy:

Well given that the volume of the universe is infinite there must be an infinite number of worlds. But not all of them are populated; therefore only a finite number are. Any finite number divided by infinity is zero, therefore the average population of the Universe is zero, and so the total population must be zero.

So none of you are real...:okay:?

C R

Guru
I consulted the book of Wisdom on this subject....The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy:

Well given that the volume of the universe is infinite there must be an infinite number of worlds. But not all of them are populated; therefore only a finite number are. Any finite number divided by infinity is zero, therefore the average population of the Universe is zero, and so the total population must be zero.

On the other hand, a fraction of infinity is also infinity, so even if not all of the infinity of worlds are populated, there could still be an infinity of populated worlds, and the population density of the universe would be indeterminate.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Supergeek warning!!! :ph34r:

classic33

Leg End Member

To get a zero average, wouldn't it require some not to be here, as well as being here.

It's a small detail from my favourite painting The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymus Bosch.

Have a look at the painting - it will keep you busy for hours!
if you like peering into detailed paintings, i would recommend checking out richard dadd - mind you he killed his dad (1 d) - and spent much of his life in an asylum. at least one of his paintings in tate britain - at a low enough level to be peered at.
and i still worry about you.

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Bbbbut, @captain nemo1701 who said he'd "consulted the book of Wisdom on this subject....The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy:"
said the answer was zero.

Does this place the "book of wisdom" at odds with itself?

The HHG is known to be at least wildy apocryphal & inaccurate:okay:. But it scores over more pedestrian publications by having 'Don't Panic' inscribed in large friendly letters on the cover.

Fake maths ....:stop:

If one in a hundred was populated, there would still be an infinite number of populated planets. And the assumption of an infinite universe is a bit dodgy to start with. Dara O'Briain would be choking on his Twitter with such dodgy/conspiracy theories ... Ohh wait ....
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...c-david-baddiel-stargazing-live-a9673901.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom