Is This Site Faking New Members And Their Posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Yeah... I reckon there's something dodgy about a few members... I know for a fact @potsy hasn't ridden a bike in years....and no one sane would claim to @I like Skol so that rules out the other obvious bot....

irw

Quadricyclist
Yeah... I reckon there's something dodgy about a few members... I know for a fact @potsy hasn't ridden a bike in years....and no one sane would claim to @I like Skol so that rules out the other obvious bot....

And if you dig back far enough, I reckon you'd find @Drago 's first post to be "I need your clothes, your boots and your bicycle" (or something like that), although it's the ones that don't say anything at all that you should be worried about...!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
And if you dig back far enough, I reckon you'd find @Drago 's first post to be "I need your clothes, your boots and your bicycle" (or something like that), although it's the ones that don't say anything at all that you should be worried about...!
He still posts those now. How long has he been here? 😊

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good evening,

I think that the title is pretty self explanatory.

If you go onto the internet there are many suppliers offering to post on a forum for a fee.

There are some posts here where the OP is clearly interested in answers to their question and many posts that appear to me to be nothing more than create and keep the thread going.

There is nothing wrong with the site owners throwing out one liners that start a thread as long as they are clear who they are.

But are members wasting their time responding to questions that the poster doesn't care about?

Kind Regards

Ian Smith
Unbelievable question which shouldn't have been asked.

I agree there have been threads created which appear to be trolling but to suggest those who freely give their time to run CC for all of us are trying to drive traffic to the site in this manner is very unfair.

A very disappointing suggestion to read in here.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Definitely not. Shaun and the mods have had some outlandish accusations levelled against us and this is well up there in terms of odd.
Unless I am missing something the OP didn't actually accuse anyone.
I didn't like the post as I am probably one of the top members when it comes to asking for help/advice.
From day one I have been grateful for help that has been kindly offered on a wide range of problems.
Long may that continue ^_^

rikki

Legendary Member
I often feel it would be nice for all members to have a recent photo as an avatar. Think it would deter a lot of potential scallywags.
Actually, my picture needs updating - I'm even more handsome now.
I'm a little greyer now, but my photo/avatar is accurate.
My original avatar was tongue in cheek :rolleyes:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Unless I am missing something the OP didn't actually accuse anyone.
I didn't like the post as I am probably one of the top members when it comes to asking for help/advice.
From day one I have been grateful for help that has been kindly offered on a wide range of problems.
Long may that continue ^_^

The thing is Dave. Your questions/threads you start, you follow up with thanks and take on any good advice along with being an active part of this community. A few of the posters who I think Ian is talking about don't bother to engage rather than throw scatter questions around the forum again and again without taking on board any of the good advice given which gets peoples backs up.

To suggest that CC is generating these posters or are paying randoms to post is pretty poor form.

Last edited:
The thing is Dave. Your questions/threads you start, you follow up with thanks and take on any good advice along with being an active part of this community. A few of the posters who I think Ian is talking about don't bother to engage rather than throw scatter questions around the forum again and again without taking on board any of the good advice given which gets peoples backs up,
Yes - all too common for some folk to post questions then not return with thanks or feedback, tell folk which advice they took/what then happened.
This shows to me that pretty much all folks, very very probably all, on here are real - just as in "outside" life there are impolite twonks.
And yes there are also some bizarre posts/characters, terminally perverse/argumentative, providers of homilies for every occasion - ditto shows its real - nowt so queer as folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom