Is This Site Faking New Members And Their Posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good evening,

I think that the title is pretty self explanatory.

If you go onto the internet there are many suppliers offering to post on a forum for a fee.

There are some posts here where the OP is clearly interested in answers to their question and many posts that appear to me to be nothing more than create and keep the thread going.

There is nothing wrong with the site owners throwing out one liners that start a thread as long as they are clear who they are.

But are members wasting their time responding to questions that the poster doesn't care about?

Kind Regards

Ian Smith

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Any examples?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I know what you mean, there are a few i can think of. Im not going to list them but i will mention just one the user that goes by the name of Lemonjuice.

Im not going to accuse anyone of fakery mind, but that and a few other recent members have acted bizarrely, even for a forum on the internet...

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Good evening,

I think that the title is pretty self explanatory.

If you go onto the internet there are many suppliers offering to post on a forum for a fee.

There are some posts here where the OP is clearly interested in answers to their question and many posts that appear to me to be nothing more than create and keep the thread going.

There is nothing wrong with the site owners throwing out one liners that start a thread as long as they are clear who they are.

But are members wasting their time responding to questions that the poster doesn't care about?

Kind Regards

Ian Smith
The answer is no. We have however had lots of new members join during lockdown. Most are here because they've rediscovered cycling due to that, others may have their own reasons.:dry:

It seems pretty simple to me....
If you want to answer, then answer, if not just ignore.
Without a doubt this is one of the friendliest forums around. It would be a real shame if that was lost.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Im not fake. Ive got the jersey

😁🇩🇰

But here is a good example. No conversations. Just questions. https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/whats-the-greatest-distance-you-have-cycled-in-1-day.265572/

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Im not fake. Ive got the jersey View attachment 540972

😁🇩🇰

But here is a good example. No conversations. Just questions. https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/whats-the-greatest-distance-you-have-cycled-in-1-day.265572/
Yes, I just replied in that thread.

I'm not fake either. I got the 'buff' (anticipating that I would need to stock up on buffs in case of future pandemics...)

Unfortunately, I never worked out how to turn buffs the right way out... :whistle:

Ha ha - so much for the CycleChat buff selfie.jpg

(I must have been mad riding those lanes in the winter - there were patches of snow and ice all over the place!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom