Is this some sort of classic bike?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I had this on my ebay 'watch list' when it was still hovering around the 30 quid mark...now it's gone up to £146.

Are they mad? What's so special about it?

GrahamG

Guru
They are most definitely mad. unless someone has stashed several ounces of gold in the frame, then the high bidders are on crack.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Viscount's weren't that fab - pretty much run of the mill - someone here will know more though, but think single speeds are getting very sought after.

gbb

Legendary Member
Six and two threes really.
If it was'nt a single speed, i doubt it'd go for much at all.
Am i right in thinking a single speed rear wheel isnt cheap. A lot of the components look as though they've been re-chromed. The calipers look VERY clean.
I know to my cost, building a bike isnt cheap...there's no shortcuts to the finished product if you want it to look any good.

Does this bike look any good....ive seen many many worse ones.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
All you need is two bidders with more money than sense who both take a shine to the same thing. Let it go. Wait for the next one to come along. ebay's like poker: never get carried away, bide your time, and know when to fold.

Not my sort of thing. I might go to thirty quid for it if I needed an interesting pub bike.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It's not. (It's not unheard of for people to put a high 'Buy it Now' price in the hopes that it will enhance things' perceived value...but this does look rather like wishful thinking/(less politely) taking the piss.)

Top Bottom