Is This Still OK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apologies for taking the thread off topic but my 2015 Astra, brought by me with 11k miles on the clock, so probably had original pads in....still has the same pads at 65K miles.
I might take a look at how much material is on them next time I wash the car.
Apologies again.
My scenic gas new discs and pads at 35k miles, it’s now at 94k miles and still on same discs and pads. Probably needs changing buts it’s never been picked up at servicing or at MOT and the car stops when and where it is supposed to.

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Apologies again.
My scenic gas new discs and pads at 35k miles, it’s now at 94k miles and still on same discs and pads. Probably needs changing buts it’s never been picked up at servicing or at MOT and the car stops when and where it is supposed to.

I believe its dictated by your (my) driving style. I hang back, read the traffic, engine brake,..plus I don't actually do that much city driving . Brake pads are inevitably going to last longer given the above.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Apologies again.

If you go electric, you may find your pads last longer than your car.

I believe its dictated by your (my) driving style. I hang back, read the traffic, engine brake,..plus I don't actually do that much city driving . Brake pads are inevitably going to last longer given the above.

Agree, my car was ex-mobility so it must have been heavily abused if it needed new discs and pads all around before I bought it. They were more than just pitted too. It was 4 new disc rotors.

I’ve only had 2 breakdowns since, one was my fault for not actioning a MOT advisory on brake lines (which then ruptured and I lost all braking, luckily I was parked up and the other was the clutch pipe bursting which was a bit of a freak thing and again it happened on the driveway.

For a 2015 plate it has been a solid tank.

Top Bottom