Is this strange or what. Can only claim if a car user.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I cycle everyday to my NHS trust. I also asked if I could use my bike for on-call. I have to be at the hospital within one hour. My cycle ride takes me no longer than 30 minutes. My manager said yes. Good so far.

Also because I am on call I have been told that I can also claim for my land line telephone, line rental charge. I suppose this is because they require me to have a telephone to be on call.

However to claim for this line rental I have to register my car for on call. If I don't do this then I can't get the line rental back.

So if a member of staff lived 5 minutes from the hospital and got called in by telephone and have no car and walked in they cannot claim for telephone.

If a member of staff lived 5 minutes from the hospital and have a car and drove into work they can claim for the telephone. Madness or what!

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Madness, but not surprising.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
buggi said:
well i would just invent a car, like who's gonna check??

The NHS is building up a whole fraud team (including ex coppers) so its prolly not wise. Its in its infancy but its there and its already caught out people claiming for stuff they shouldnt, or even technicalities.:biggrin:

JamesAC

People are just car orientated. They can't imagine anyone not using a car. We once had an "away day" from work, and were advised that parking was in short supply. I asked if there was room for bikes, and was told that there was only just enough space for the exec's cars!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
JamesAC said:
People are just car orientated. They can't imagine anyone not using a car.
I've seen a similar thing with mobile phone numbers. I've only had a mobile a couple of years now and I used to find websites that I wanted to register with that demanded a mobile number and wouldn't let me proceed without one.

Top Bottom