Is this Tudor house still standing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
1960's health and safety in full show.
The guy with bare hands holding the wooden chocks as they moved the house up the hill. I'm sure his hands would have been fine if the wheels slipped.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The bloke helping to move the old dry wooden building,with the cigarette in his mouth ^_^ and the dog lying down in the traffic free road at the end of the video. Something you wouldn't see now!:smile:

postman

Legendary Member
What a lovely film.i noticed the postal delivery to the Ministry of Transport,The two older guys were P.H.G's,Postmen Higher Grade.Notice the Gold Crowns in their lapels.They got more money than a Postman,those two old guys would have been senior men,on a real cushy duty.Mon -Fri 08-00 - 16-30.No rubbish shifts for them,and overtime in the Main Sorting Office,as much as they wanted.

What a lovely film.i noticed the postal delivery to the Ministry of Transport,The two older guys were P.H.G's,Postmen Higher Grade.Notice the Gold Crowns in their lapels.They got more money than a Postman,those two old guys would have been senior men,on a real cushy duty.Mon -Fri 08-00 - 16-30.No rubbish shifts for them,and overtime in the Main Sorting Office,as much as they wanted.

The things you know, eh, Postie! :notworthy:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
One thing that I picked up on was the almost gloating commentary that the cafe owner in Stilton had to close her business now that the wonderful bypass was now open and she had no passing trade.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Same thing happened to Colonel Harlan Sanders, of KFC fame. Went on the road to sell his chicken recipe and equipment at 65.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJL9ej4TxUY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF4ph_gKcpI

Spanish-American War veteran to millionaire @29.5 pounds pressure.

Top Bottom