Is this what they call blues & twos?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pplpilot

Guru
Hohoho pull the other one it has bells on. Now go look at the probabilities of who gets killed when drunk motorist hits motorist, cyclist or walker and the typical punishments for a motorist killing each of them and the name of the forum and then maybe realise why we are more worried for innocent people walking and cycling? At least when drunk motorists hit motorists they have some risk of being injured themselves.

I agree. A life is a life. Regardless. There are innocent motorists too you know.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I agree. A life is a life. Regardless. There are innocent motorists too you know.
Not many. Even I am burning the remains of dead animals to propel my car and polluting the air of places I motor through, which isn't exactly helping save my soul.

D

Deleted member 26715

The girl will doubtless be a figure of scorn worldwide for as long as there's an internet so that's quite a punishment on top of any fine
Again I doubt it, she will be forgotten in a couple of days, some other moron will take her mantle, unless of course the image does become available then she'll jump to the top again for a couple of days.

Tin Pot

Guru
Easily my favourite story of the week.

Yes it's stupid, and could have ended badly for an innocent cyclist, but it is funny. The girl will doubtless be a figure of scorn worldwide for as long as there's an internet so that's quite a punishment on top of any fine
Scorn? From old people perhaps.

She's going to get invited to a lot of parties :smile:

On the more serious side.

We had a case locally where a driver failed to see not only that the road was obstructed by an accident, but also failed to see the big Police car with flashing blue lights

The one they then drove into!

Chris S

Legendary Member
Could have kill anyone, including an innocent motorist just going about their day.
Motorists have more protection than cyclists and pedestrians, it doesn't make their lives less valuable. The occupants of the police car she hit were unhurt. If they were a cyclist or pedestrian they would have been killed or seriously injured.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
failed to see the big Police car with flashing blue lights
Top SMIDSY!

Another classic just now

Two lanes of traffic heading north

Ambulance with blue lights in mirror
So pull over to kerb, car beside pulls to the central reservation

Following vehicle then pulls out in front of the ambulance into the space we created

Ambulance had to brake and is now forced to stop as they have blocked the road

Some drivers have no idea

D

Deleted member 26715

Another classic just now
Some drivers have no idea
Saw virtually the same the other day, another a couple of weeks ago I saw the ambulance coming so slowed down so it could overtake easily before the traffic coming the other way, car behind me starts to overtake, fudging idiot

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Not many. Even I am burning the remains of dead animals to propel my car and polluting the air of places I motor through, which isn't exactly helping save my soul.
You do realise that you are also eating them, farming their babies for extra tastyness and wearing their dead skins for fashion ...and not those that died a gazillion years ago from some natural cause...these were killed yesterday to be in your pan fresh today.

I don't see how driving a motorcar should make you feel any more guilty than any of that.

I'm off to macdonalds for a fresh baby cow burger.

RichardB

Slightly retro
Saw virtually the same the other day, another a couple of weeks ago I saw the ambulance coming so slowed down so it could overtake easily before the traffic coming the other way, car behind me starts to overtake, fudging idiot
+1 here. Driving at 60-ish on a fast A-road, saw blue lights of a police car in the mirror. I kept my speed, but indicated left and pulled over as far as was safe. Cars coming the other way did likewise, leaving a huge empty corridor down the middle of the road. The car in front of me saw the lights, froze, and stopped in the middle of the lane. Panic makes people do funny things.

.. and on observation

The large number of people (mainly youngsters) who believe that this sign means parking for Chavriolets with large door speakers

bled-parking-sign-international-painted-bright-blue-shopping-center-space-space-clearly-36924209.jpg

Followed a young couple into McDonalds the other day and waited until they were being served

Then in a polite but firm voice, that can be heard through the shop:

"I was wondering how much longer you will be needing the disabled bay?"

At least they had the decency to blush and look embarrassed

Attachments

• bled-parking-sign-international-painted-bright-blue-shopping-center-space-space-clearly-36924209.jpg
    bled-parking-sign-international-painted-bright-blue-shopping-center-space-space-clearly-36924209.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
.. and on observation

The large number of people (mainly youngsters) who believe that this sign means parking for Chavriolets with large door speakers

Followed a young couple into McDonalds the other day and waited until they were being served

Then in a polite but firm voice, that can be heard through the shop:

"I was wondering how much longer you will be needing the disabled bay?"

At least they had the decency to blush and look embarrassed

Excellent. Friend of mine with MS had a typical encounter recently with a Chelsea tractor driver. "I was only gone for a minute." "Yes, but someone like me, who needs the space, doesn't know that." She just shrugged, got in & drove away.

Attachments

• bled-parking-sign-international-painted-bright-blue-shopping-center-space-space-clearly-36924209.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom