Is this worth 2700??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheGiggler1991

The owner says he's done 1400km and bought it just over a year ago

3T Strada Team Large Size

Good Condition

Upgraded;
Quarq power meter
S-Works Saddle
Zipp Stem

Wheels: 3T Discus Team Carbon - 700c
Gear/Brake Levers: Sram Force Hydro R - 11 Speed
Rear Derailleur: Sram Force
Chainset: Sram Quarq (Quarq power meter) Carbon - 50T
Cassette: Sram Force- 11/32T
Chain: Sram XX1 - 11 Speed
Pedals: Not included
Seatpost: 3T Strada
Handlebars: 3T Aeronova Team
Disc callipers: Sram Force Hydo R

Attachments

• ZjAxZDAxZmZjNjc5M2I3YmIzN2RmYzIyMTFiYjc5OGETqVjNtDN5IyFoVeTPdFjnaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb2...jpg
    ZjAxZDAxZmZjNjc5M2I3YmIzN2RmYzIyMTFiYjc5OGETqVjNtDN5IyFoVeTPdFjnaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb2...jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 33
  • bik2.JPG
    bik2.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 34
  • bike1.JPG
    bike1.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 26
  • bike3.JPG
    bike3.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 23

vickster

Legendary Member
2700 whats?
Sterling? Euros?
Sounds a lot for a second hand bike but prices are all over the place at the mo and availability poor

OP
OP
T

TheGiggler1991

2700 whats?
Sterling? Euros?
Sounds a lot for a second hand bike but prices are all over the place at the mo and availability poor

Euro - I'm based in Ireland.

Was looking at the Orro venturi 105 that's coming in at €2500, but that's without a power meter, carbon rims etc.

Kind of torn on if it's a good deal or not.

Also, the stem looks pretty slammed which is a concern, don't know if I'd be able to get any spacers in to raise it

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Ignoring the price - I would not buy a fast road bike that can only ever run 1 chainring. I have a fixed gear bike so I am used to be limited, but this is a different beast altogether. I think you can run a 42 tooth rear with a long cage derailleur which might help a bit. I seem to recall that these were being sold off pretty cheaply by one retailer a year or two ago, I guess after Aqua Blue dropped them and their riders revolted. Although saying that, in this market there is no point in looking at what something cost 2 years ago.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
A couple of questions. What is your estimate for buying the same new? A years depreciation must be 30 to 50%?
Then what is your usage? Its a very niche set up. But not for time trials. Tyre clearance will stop you fitting larger tyres or mudguards.

If you want it for road racing or fast sportives might be OK. The seat looks forward, over the BB, so will give an aggressive position, with a lot of weight going onto the hands/bars.

So if you know exactly what you want it for, could be a bargain but otherwise I think it is too niche for an all round bike.

OP
OP
T

TheGiggler1991

Ignoring the price - I would not buy a fast road bike that can only ever run 1 chainring. I have a fixed gear bike so I am used to be limited, but this is a different beast altogether.

My top-end speed would be 30km/h max, and that's really pushing it - albeit that's on an endurance bike with cheap aluminium wheels. Also where I cycle in Ireland is generally quite flat, rarely venture to the mountains. Would that change your opinion?

*Not doubting your opinion, just playing devil's advocate.

The owner says he's done 1400km and bought it just over a year ago

3T Strada Team Large Size

Good Condition

Upgraded;
Quarq power meter
S-Works Saddle
Zipp Stem

Wheels: 3T Discus Team Carbon - 700c
Gear/Brake Levers: Sram Force Hydro R - 11 Speed
Rear Derailleur: Sram Force
Chainset: Sram Quarq (Quarq power meter) Carbon - 50T
Cassette: Sram Force- 11/32T
Chain: Sram XX1 - 11 Speed
Pedals: Not included
Seatpost: 3T Strada
Handlebars: 3T Aeronova Team
Disc callipers: Sram Force Hydo R
Not sure is the answer, spec I found seemed to be 8.2kg, so no lightweight for such a speedy looking machine. As @Milkfloat says, could be limited by gearing as well.

OP
OP
T

TheGiggler1991

A couple of questions. What is your estimate for buying the same new? A years depreciation must be 30 to 50%?
Then what is your usage? Its a very niche set up. But not for time trials. Tyre clearance will stop you fitting larger tyres or mudguards.

If you want it for road racing or fast sportives might be OK. The seat looks forward, over the BB, so will give an aggressive position, with a lot of weight going onto the hands/bars.

So if you know exactly what you want it for, could be a bargain but otherwise I think it is too niche for an all round bike.

€2700 second hand or €3200 though an Irish retailer new as we can claim €500 tax relief through a bike to work scheme.

I'm a weekend warrior - a recently retired rugby player so @ 90kg and 6 feet tall I don't see myself competing anytime soon!

Yeah from the pics the setup looks very aggressive, I currently ride an Orro Pyro which is far more relaxed

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Probably bought it and realised it was an incredibly uncomfortable riding position with silly tyre clearances that gets grit scratching into the frame if you ever take it out in the wet. Pig ugly too....

Top Bottom