Is this worth 2700??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
With the power meter, that'll add about £400, and a decent wheelset but even then it's at the top end of £'s price.

I'd go about £2k with the set-up but wouldn't buy one anyway. The single chainring's too limiting.

chris-suffolk

They are looking to get a good price as a result of current second-hand prices. I was amazed a few weeks back when an identical bike to mine sold on e-bay. It's a 10 year old bike, and sold for 80% of the price I paid for it + postage - wow !!

OP
OP
T

TheGiggler1991

With the power meter, that'll add about £400, and a decent wheelset but even then it's at the top end of £'s price.

I'd go about £2k with the set-up but wouldn't buy one anyway. The single chainring's too limiting.
So you think around 2k is a fair price for this bike?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My top-end speed would be 30km/h max, and that's really pushing it - albeit that's on an endurance bike with cheap aluminium wheels. Also where I cycle in Ireland is generally quite flat, rarely venture to the mountains. Would that change your opinion?

*Not doubting your opinion, just playing devil's advocate.
If you know you will be staying on the flats for the lifetime of the bike then sure. Is that an average 30 km/h or maximum? If maximum it would likely be over geared, average, that would be fine on the flat but stay away from Wicklow.

OP
OP
T

TheGiggler1991

If you know you will be staying on the flats for the lifetime of the bike then sure. Is that an average 30 km/h or maximum? If maximum it would likely be over geared, average, that would be fine on the flat but stay away from Wicklow.
That's 30km/h as an average speed over the course of a ride - but that's me really going for it.

I'm very rarely in Wicklow, as I said being 90+kg it's just not that fun climbing for prolonged periods.

Although my wives father lives in Mallorca so maybe this wouldn't be the bike to bring over..

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Also, the stem looks pretty slammed which is a concern, don't know if I'd be able to get any spacers in to raise it
The stem is completely slammed and cut to fit so you have no room at play with at all to raise it. Its a very aggressive riding position, you want to be very flexible and a have good core strength to ride like that

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That is a very aggressive position. If you think you'll be happy with it offer €2k. It could get wearing quite quickly. It's really all down to you.
It's a TT bike isn't it?

Last edited:
There were a batch of Aqua Blue 3T bikes left over so if you're in Ireland this may be one of those.

I think you are right, I checked a few photos and it is the same model/colour scheme. I recall from interviews that the bike was, how shall I put this, the object of strong opinions^_^. This does not mean that the OP will not love it, but, unless the fit is spot on, I am sure there are many other ways of spending that much cash on a bike

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
My top-end speed would be 30km/h max, and that's really pushing it

OK, so there's no purpose in buying such a bike, unless you just fancy it - which is fine btw, not intended as a criticism.

That's nowhere near fast enough to justify any speed benefit you'll get, and you could spend the same money on something more of an all rounder which would suit your abilities far more.

What do you ride now?

But if you just fancy a highish end pure speed bike for the hell of it - go ahead, life is short!

Top Bottom