Is this wrong?

Was this driver in the wrong?

  • Oh yes, he was a scoundrel!

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No. It was safe what's the problem.

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Who cares! Stop your whinging Magnatom!

    Votes: 1 100.0%

  • Total voters
    1
Is this driver in the wrong? He has crossed the stop line and has kept creeping (see his brake lights go on and off) until he thought it was safe to go. He then proceeds to go, despite the red light, which does change a few seconds later.

What do you think?

 

biking_fox

Veteran
Location
Manchester
What were you doing on the pavement though?
 

davidtq

New Member
what camera are you using to get the time date stamp? would love that but dont think I have the option on my atc2000?
 
OP
M

magnatom

Guest
biking_fox said:
What were you doing on the pavement though?
Walking! Look at the video it is more, bouncy! I have to get off here as I want to go down a road that has no right turn off the main road. So I dismount and walk across the lights and walk onto the road I want to be on.

A few cyclists do cycle across but not me. ;)
 
OP
M

magnatom

Guest
davidtq said:
what camera are you using to get the time date stamp? would love that but dont think I have the option on my atc2000?
It's an Archos 404 with a helmet camera attachment. I think there is an updated version now, the 405 that has solid state memory instead of hard disk (which is what I have).
 
OP
M

magnatom

Guest
Oh I forgot to say. You have to admit publically who you are if you chose option 3 ;). So who was it? Dom? :sad:
 

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
Oh I forgot to say. You have to admit publically who you are if you chose option 3 :sad:. So who was it? Dom? :biggrin:
Not guilty Magna, see you're already busy making assumptions! ;)

He was totally in the wrong, if he'd been pulled up by a copper he'd have been bang to rights.
 
OP
M

magnatom

Guest
domtyler said:
Not guilty Magna, see you're already busy making assumptions! ;)

He was totally in the wrong, if he'd been pulled up by a copper he'd have been bang to rights.
Mmmm. Maybe I should have made this a public poll!:sad:
 

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
Mmmm. Maybe I should have made this a public poll!:sad:
Can I have another vote please? I think I may have changed my mind! ;)
 

Tetedelacourse

New Member
Location
Rosyth
uh-oh can't agree with any of your options!

There should be a poll option for:

Yes it was safe and yes he was in the wrong.

Actually I suppose I agree with the first one, but are we to infer that it was dangerous too? If so then I can't agree with it.


Anyway, I think you simulated walking by bouncing up and down on your bike. Well done on gesturing at him for our benefit though, that bit was good.
 
OP
M

magnatom

Guest
OK. So have any red light jumpers answered this question yet? If so, what would you answer if the car in question wasn't a car, but was a bike? ;)
 

Cab

New Member
Location
Cambridge
He was in the wrong. The correct punishment should be public humiliation.

Are you going to drop a disc with this footage on it at the local police station, Mag?
 

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Location
Auld Reekie
magnatom said:
OK. So have any red light jumpers answered this question yet? If so, what would you answer if the car in question wasn't a car, but was a bike? ;)
If it was a cyclist it would still be wrong. I have been know to explain to other cyclist why it is wrong, on my way to work...
 
Top Bottom