Is your avatar you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
It's a racing certainty that a few people live close enough to Emel that they regularly see the "Hertfordshire - COunty of Opportunity" signs as they cross into Dacorum District. We were there at the weekend (Wigginton is at the end of one our regular short loops), and cursed as we crossed back into Chiltern and crap tarmac.

That reminds me, I rode up the canal towpath one bank holiday and the pubs in Berkhamstead were full of cyclists watching me struggle on my BSO.

Jayaly

It's a racing certainty that a few people live close enough to Emel that they regularly see the "Hertfordshire - COunty of Opportunity" signs as they cross into Dacorum District.

It was cycling from 'Unton Bridge to 'Emel that I learned the hard way never to decide whether a towpath was fit for a trailer based on the quality of the path you can see from your starting point. The trailer never looked the same again.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Yes. On the right...

Though I suspect you'd see yourself as on the left.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
It was cycling from 'Unton Bridge to 'Emel that I learned the hard way never to decide whether a towpath was fit for a trailer based on the quality of the path you can see from your starting point. The trailer never looked the same again.

The towpath does deteriorate badly towards and through 'emel. Indeed it gets quite narrow in parts but at least we don't have the barrier & steps they have in Berko.

Top Bottom