Is your avatar you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
My avatar is Vasil Kiryienka. As any fule kno, he is an impressively-engined pro cyclist with Team Sky and can often be seen hammering out the watts on the front of the Sky train. He also happens to be living tissue over a metal endoskeleton.

When I'm riding on my limit, when it hurts, I ask myself, "what would Kiry do?". By channeling my inner Kiry I transcend the pain.

Actually, I just think it's a great picture (taken by Sky's snapper Scott Mitchell) ^_^

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Yes. Or at least (for the pedantic) it's a plant that was named after me.
Knowing nothing about plants other than that some apparently are weeds, I could spend half the day doing a reverse image search unable to find anything other than "visually similar images". Perhaps I should just ask: what is that?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Knowing nothing about plants other than that some apparently are weeds, I could spend half the day doing a reverse image search unable to find anything other than "visually similar images". Perhaps I should just ask: what is that?

Looking up Dykes Medal might help. It's in his avatar.

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
I thought he was a decorated hydrologist.
Presumably you're going to now tell me he doesn't have a 7 year old African Green Monkey, either.

Last edited:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
:cuppa:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
What? Purple?

Seriously though, I am in awe at your horticultural prowess, Dykes Medal an all that.
I didn't breed it! That was my mother-in-law, who co-wrote the RHS book on irises.

And although the AGM is supposed to signify that it's easy to grow it's not doing desperately well in our garden.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I didn't breed it! That was my mother-in-law, who co-wrote the RHS book on irises.

And although the AGM is supposed to signify that it's easy to grow it's not doing desperately well in our garden.

You've dropped in my estimation. I was going to dedicate the first Floral themed IPA that I come across here to you.

Reflected glory and all that.

:sad:

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
Well its me at the moment but here are some I use depending on my state of mind.

forest.jpg
Gump.jpg
images.jpg
JackNicholson.jpg
MI0003421627.jpg

Top Bottom