Is your boss watching you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Four Norwegian hairdressers in a salon were each presented with a bill for £1,100 by the salon owner for the time they spent surfing the internet.
He turned up unannounced with a solicitor and gave them just 10 minutes to admit to their 'crime' and accept the bill!

Be warned! :ohmy:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I hope mine isn't watching, I'm going to bed!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Dayvo said:
Four Norwegian hairdressers in a salon were each presented with a bill for £1,100 by the salon owner for the time they spent surfing the internet.
He turned up unannounced with a solicitor and gave them just 10 minutes to admit to their 'crime' and accept the bill!

Be warned! :ohmy:

How can you surf the net as a hairdresser ? :biggrin:

Tharg2007

Veteran
why did he have the internet available if he didnt want them to use it, and also if they only used it when they didnt have a customer then there would have been no work for them to do, and if he wanted them to do other work like sweeping then why didnt he ask them to do it?

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Tharg2007 said:
why did he have the internet available if he didnt want them to use it, and also if they only used it when they didnt have a customer then there would have been no work for them to do, and if he wanted them to do other work like sweeping then why didnt he ask them to do it?

I don't think that's the point.
I'm sure the majority of forumers everywhere spend work-time on their resepective forums without their bosses knowing, even though that facility is available on their PCs!

Just let them try:wacko:

dessertwarrior

Prevention is the key where I work - chat & e-mail sites are locked out (no Hotmail etc). Mind you, finding a PC with Internet access in the first place is not easy!

Hugo15

Über Member
We got another e-mail today from our IT bods letting us know that internet usage if "for business purposes only" and that they have the tools to monitor it. Barstewards!! Most days I have a quick 10 minutes surf when I have my butties and then I am back to work. Might just have to start to take my whole lunch hour if that's how they want to play things.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I got a telling off once and my internet access removed because my manager popped on my pc, while I was in the toilet, and booked a flight to Ireland for £1.
I just told the IT bod to phone my manager and ask him how much his flight cost. My manager was keen to brag and so grassed on himself getting me off the hook.

Top Bottom