Isle of Wight Randonnee 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The annual running of this event is on Sunday 30th April this year. Organised ( as ever ) by the Wayfarer cycle touring club. It's a fun day out, you can pick your start point, it's free to enter ( feel free to donate whatever you can ). The online registration is open now. It's one of only 2 organised events I ride each year, and it's always well organised and run.

http://www.cycleisland.co.uk/

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I shall be attending yet again. It is a really good ride. Not too tough, but enough hills to get the heart pumping. The checkpoint at Yarmouth is my favourite. Hopefully the weather will behave it'self.

PaulM

Guru
If the floating bridge is out then it would be nice to do it in an anti-clockwise direction for a change. They used to alternate the direction but decided to fix it in the clockwise direction to stop congestion queuing for the floating bridge, hence it would be an opportunity to change it. Probably too late now. I did it with the diversion into Newport about 3 years ago on my Thorn Audax.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
If the floating bridge is out then it would be nice to do it in an anti-clockwise direction for a change. They used to alternate the direction but decided to fix it in the clockwise direction to stop congestion queuing for the floating bridge, hence it would be an opportunity to change it. Probably too late now. I did it with the diversion into Newport about 3 years ago on my Thorn Audax.
They are hoping to have the bridge working by the time of the event, if not, there is an alternative route in place if needs be.

Top Bottom