Isle of Wight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Cairns

This post brings back a lot of memories for me. I was a submariner between 1977 and 1994, mainly based at HMS Dolphin, Gosport which is opposite Portsmouth on the harbour facing the Solent and the IoW.
I often went over to the island for a weekend with some mates, although this was way before I became a cyclist. I remember getting a single track railway around the island at that time. If I ever manage that far south again I will surely try to return to the Isle of Wight.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Well done I like the Isle of Wight, I haven't been this year.

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
I am not to bothered about sight seeing, just would like to ride the whole island like you have done with your friends, that looks awesome. I think I will save your Strava map to remember your route.

Thanks for the reply :smile:

No problem - the route was excellent - you wont get lost either, the route is signposted - just watch out, there are 2 different signs, one for clockwise and one for anti-clock - one's a blue island on a white background, the other's a White Island on a blue background!! Cant remember which is which off the top of my head, but google Isle of Wight round the island cycle route and you'll find the official info.

Top Bottom