the wife has been offered a 10 day placement on the isles of Scilly at the end of June. 4 bed house and car thrown in as well . might be a nice break for me . not sure what the riding is like over there. hope it comes off
Not that much riding, plenty of walking. I love Scilly. Hired a bike on Tresco once, and because the previous customer had insisted on locks I asked, 'do I really need one?', and there came a wink. When I asked if he wanted paying up front, he winked again- where was I going to go, after all? Car? You'll be on St Mary's then, the metropolis.
the wife has been offered a 10 day placement on the isles of Scilly at the end of June. 4 bed house and car thrown in as well . might be a nice break for me . not sure what the riding is like over there. hope it comes off
By the time you've changed gear you've already reached the other side of the island. It's a beautiful place, but I won't say a great place to cycle. Great for hiking and boating. See if you can get the loan of a small boat for the 10 days you're there for a bit of island hopping.
Harold Wilson used to go there on his holidays. I once worked with a guy from St Mary's too. Not much 'distance' once you're there, I wouldn't have thought.
Essentials - boat trip to Bishops Rock, lunch at Hell Bay Hotel, Bryher, pasty at the Turks Head, St Agnes, Tresco gardens + walk all the accessible islands.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.