ISM Adamo Road Saddle(noseless)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonH

Regular
Has anyone used one of these saddles as an everyday saddle? ive started training a lot more recently and have been using a Specialized Avatar comp gel on a Giant Defy Advanced but after 6 days riding last week i had severe numb nutz on each ride and even a sore backside, i enquired last year in a local bikeshop about a noseless saddle and was told they were time trialiing only and that i would miss the nosepiece if it wasnt there. Im 6 1" and 13.5st i rarely use the drops and want a saddle that prevents these problems! At over £100 i dont want to get it wrong again.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Time trialling only, my a*se.
I've used one on the road bike for the last 3 years.
I found that getting the correct saddle fore/aft position was fiddly. The video on the ISM site explains how to do it. Move by 1mm at a time until you feel that your sit bones are taking the weight. Then spend a few rides putting up with the ache until they get used to doing their job. After that, it's all good.
I can do 2 hours on the turbo without a problem, and I always think that a turbo shows a bad position much more quickly than road riding does.
There's a feeling of freedom without a nose between your legs.

number3

Marathon Runner
I've just changed to a one of these. 70 miles done this week 10, 20 then 40 and I've had no problems so far.

Citius

Has anyone used one of these saddles as an everyday saddle? ive started training a lot more recently and have been using a Specialized Avatar comp gel on a Giant Defy Advanced but after 6 days riding last week i had severe numb nutz on each ride and even a sore backside, i enquired last year in a local bikeshop about a noseless saddle and was told they were time trialiing only and that i would miss the nosepiece if it wasnt there. Im 6 1" and 13.5st i rarely use the drops and want a saddle that prevents these problems! At over £100 i dont want to get it wrong again.

I would make sure your position and saddle height/angle is correct first, before you go splashing out on expensive new saddles.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not really addressing your specific question but...........
I had a good Sella Italia on the bike that was stolen..........although my bits went numb after 30 miles or so.
When I got my bew bike (Giant Defy) it came with a Fizik which I didn't like the look of but decided to try before "splashing the cash" on another Sella.
It has been great...............no numb bits at all after 30 miles :smile:
Just something you may want to consider.

Top Bottom