It’s that weighty question again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
6ft - 53 and 88 kilos

Not sure that's good

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
5’ 9” 57yrs. 90kg. Could do with shifting a bit of ballast. Been approx this weight for a long time which considering my work and 5 star 3 course louche lifestyle is a miracle!
Really should make an attempt to finally shift some kg though. Exercise especially has taken a big hit over the last few years.....

It’s too much of a faff to keep too close an eye on it for me. I judge it by how my kit fits. I’m about 5 ft 11, and if I can keep my weight between about 75 and 80 Kgs, that seems to work for me. A few years back I was riding silly mileages all year round, and my weight dropped to about 65 Kgs and that wasn’t good. I haven’t been putting those sorts of mileages in, so far, this year, I don’t intend to either. If you’re not a pro racer, there’s no point in obsessing about a couple of Kgs here and there, it will only spoil the enjoyment of riding your bike, as far as I’m concerned.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
If you are a wall of muscle, that sounds reasonable. Otherwise you must be like me, and wobble a lot if you jump up and down! :laugh:

Actually muscle, with a slight spare bit of material around the front of the waistline (and not where it counts either)

12boy

Guru
I read someone describing themselves as looking like a beer keg with stubby legs and a faucet in the front. A very small faucet.

Top Bottom