It beggars belief it really does!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
We were walking up Fifth Ave in NYC this afternoon, and we walked passed two very trendy teens clothes shops, can't remember the names, but they don't have windows and the spray perfume out on the street, they sell t shirts with the shops brand names on.

Any way there were people queuing round the block to get into each of them! That is nuts! Nothing ever would make que for a bloody item of clothing.

Is it bonkers or is it me?

asterix

Comrade Member
I expect the idea will make it to the UK in about 5 years!

Leaway2

Lycrist
CC_top.jpg

Not even CC tops?

Lee_M

Guru
I expect the idea will make it to the UK in about 5 years!

I assume you haven't seen the Abercrombie and Fitch shop in London then?

queues to get in and queues of pre-pubescent girls waiting to be photogrtaphed with a skinny male model with his trousers hanging round his ankles

brucers

Guru
I'm with you on this. I have never understood people who buy clothes just to advertise a company. Nor would I queue up like this. I laugh when I see people queuing in their cars just to get into a retail park etc. I think it's all ludicrous

asterix

Comrade Member
I assume you haven't seen the Abercrombie and Fitch shop in London then?

queues to get in and queues of pre-pubescent girls waiting to be photogrtaphed with a skinny male model with his trousers hanging round his ankles

No, last time I visited London, Sherlock Holmes were nobbut a lad..

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm with you on this. I have never understood people who buy clothes just to advertise a company.

I buy clothes I happen to like. They may well have a discrete logo or company name on, but if they do, you can guarantee I've bought them in a charity shop!;)

When I say, I buy clothes, that is something that happens about twice a year....

brucers

Guru
I am referring to the type of tee shirt that has, say 'NIKE' emblazoned on the front in huge letters. Discreet logos are ok....and all but unavoidable!

I buy clothes I happen to like. They may well have a discrete logo or company name on, but if they do, you can guarantee I've bought them in a charity shop!;)

When I say, I buy clothes, that is something that happens about twice a year....

Venod

Eh up
If Aldi had their logo displayed largely on their tops would you buy them ? I wouldn't, any logo on clothing has to be small & discreet in my opinion, (yes I know they are branded crane)

Arch

Married to Night Train
It's just the same as people who queue up to buy the first new iPod or game or whatever. There have always been people who are sucked in by fashion - look at the 17th C Tulip Mania. For those of us unaffected, it's inexplicable. I like to think it's a sort of inadequacy - one that I've risen above... ;)

aces_up1504

Have you not been a to a Hollister shop. The one in trafford center always has a que outside. I dont think because its so busy, but its that dark inside, it's so you dont bump into each other. God knows how people see the clothes. God i am getting old

Night Train

Maker of Things
I was on holiday in the Med about ten years ago. It was too hot for me so I bought a wide brimmed hat to keep the sun off. It was white with a huge Puma embroidered on the front. As soon as I was back in the hotel I converted the puma to a running Unicorn, by colouring in with a black marker pen, and then wore it proudly!

My Mum brought me up to reverse shop bags so their branding in on the inside. She said to me that if the shop wants her to advertise them then they should be paying her to shop there. :giggle:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
People queue outside the shop in Bluewater too.
I've never been in, I'm not sure I would get past the fashion nazi's on the door. It appears that if you dont have the right look they wont even let you into the shop!

Top Bottom