It beggars belief it really does!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Have you not been a to a Hollister shop. The one in trafford center always has a que outside. I dont think because its so busy, but its that dark inside, it's so you dont bump into each other. God knows how people see the clothes. God i am getting old
I've been into Hollister!!! I don't know why they don't hand you a torch as you go in so that you don't have to find one of the 3 lights in the shop floor to stand near by and look at the item your daughter would like to purchase. Luckily it seems to have been a very short phase. They don't even make it easy to pay - you have to walk half way around the shop to find the point to pay at as there is too much furniture and clothes in the way to walk to the end of the queue in a normal fashion. Torture!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've been into Hollister!!! I don't know why they don't hand you a torch as you go in so that you don't have to find one of the 3 lights in the shop floor to stand near by and look at the item your daughter would like to purchase. Luckily it seems to have been a very short phase. They don't even make it easy to pay - you have to walk half way around the shop to find the point to pay at as there is too much furniture and clothes in the way to walk to the end of the queue in a normal fashion. Torture!

Did someone say there's one of these in the Trafford Centre? I'm almost intrigued enough to go and gawp at it. They wouldn't let me in, I'm far to old and comfortable with my own scruffy self image....

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Did someone say there's one of these in the Trafford Centre? I'm almost intrigued enough to go and gawp at it. They wouldn't let me in, I'm far to old and comfortable with my own scruffy self image....
They don't look like a shop from the outside - I had always walked past the one here assuming it was a restaurant by the way the windows had shutters on and no clothes on display to outside. You ought to go just for the experience and so some skinny teenager, not wearing that much can wish you a good day or what ever it is they say on your way in and out - definitely strange. You can understand how a kid who liked shopping in there would find M&S to open and light and frightening.

G3CWI

Veteran
Have you not been a to a Hollister shop. The one in trafford center always has a que outside. I dont think because its so busy, but its that dark inside, it's so you dont bump into each other. God knows how people see the clothes. God i am getting old

My mate used to manage that shop. You would be amazed at how much money they take each day...

Cyclist33

I'm with you on this. I have never understood people who buy clothes just to advertise a company. Nor would I queue up like this. I laugh when I see people queuing in their cars just to get into a retail park etc. I think it's all ludicrous

and yet youve got three bikes that all advertise their company.

Cyclist33

Interesting idea. It seems to be working if that is true.

I live very near Bicester Village the shopping outlet place, coach loads of Chinese, Japanese, middle eastern people spend hours at the place buying the car loads of crap no one wanted in the London shops, to take back to where it was made in the first place!

im assuming you actually know the items bought were actually made in china, japan and "the middle east" and youre not indulging in easy racial stereotyping.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I love to see the Lemmings queing outside the Apple store in the Trafford Centre when the latest gadget to hook them in is released....it's just a phone for googles sake !!! Get a life and ride a damn bike....or is it just me who doe not give a damn about techno rubbish ??? :wacko:

avalon

Guru
CC_top.jpg

Not even CC tops?
I want one of these, where do I queue up to get one?

brucers

Guru
Three certainties in life that cannot be avoided - death, taxman and advertising!! Anyhow I referred to people who buy just to have the company name/logo. My bikes are bought for totally different reasons.

and yet youve got three bikes that all advertise their company.

brucers

Guru
Perhaps somewhat contradictorarily (if that's a word) on my part I liked that!

[QUOTE 2438465, member: 9609"]The oddest one was the craze of wearing clothing with a badly spelt 4 letter word....[/quote]

Top Bottom