It burns, it burns!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Big, weird, hot Golden thing in the sky, reminiscent of something I saw last Year, briefly...

Actually, didn't see too much of the sun this morning, it was a bit cloudy when I left at 05:45 this morning!
Lovely now though, I'm glad I'm in shorts for the first time this Year for the journey home :smile:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Panter said:
Big, weird, hot Golden thing in the sky, reminiscent of something I saw last Year, briefly...

Actually, didn't see too much of the sun this morning, it was a bit cloudy when I left at 05:45 this morning!
Lovely now though, I'm glad I'm in shorts for the first time this Year for the journey home :smile:

When I set off it was there, then it hid as i approached old londinium...so I started to feel out of place in shorts a tee and sunnies!

nich

Has to be tshirt 'n shirts now, anything to cool me down.

Last night I was wearing my windproof, and I was dripping by the end in sweat! Bloody stuff got right in my eyes and stung like crazy ;)

Damnit, I'm going to have to start wearing shorts for the first time since I begun to dress myself. Tights were just too hot in direct sunlight and this is the first time I've seem the sun since I started cycling 'seriously'.
I do hope I'm not going to blind anyone with the glare from my legs, and not get them too burnt either, they don't have any built up resistance.

NigC

automatic_jon said:
Damnit, I'm going to have to start wearing shorts for the first time since I begun to dress myself. Tights were just too hot in direct sunlight and this is the first time I've seem the sun since I started cycling 'seriously'.
I do hope I'm not going to blind anyone with the glare from my legs, and not get them too burnt either, they don't have any built up resistance.

There's no way I'd inflict the sight of me in shorts on anyone :angry: Nobody deserves that :laugh:

It sure is nice to feel a bit of warmth from the weather instead of relying on exertion though :laugh:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
It sure is nice to feel a bit of warmth from the weather instead of relying on exertion

Still need to rely on exertion to go faster, to create a greater wind chill to cool you down.

NigC

Moodyman said:
It sure is nice to feel a bit of warmth from the weather instead of relying on exertion

Still need to rely on exertion to go faster, to create a greater wind chill to cool you down.

Good point..... but I don't often reach speeds that could achieve that effect :angry:

potsy

Rambler
automatic_jon said:
I seriously, if briefly, considered fake tan for my legs, just until they pick up a bit of colour themselves.
I did it last year jon,til the missus realised and i got banned from nicking her Dove:blush: would buy some but it's one thing using it and another actually going to Boots and buying the stuff:laugh:

Catrike UK said:
I saw it this morning but it has gone away again now so we are safe.

It hadn't at 7pm-ish

My run round Derwent saw me pouring with sweat like there was a tap on top of my head.

Similar to my shop at Tesco on my way in to work, as soon as I stepped inside and lost any wind-chill, I kind of dripped my way around the shop as if I'd just climbed out of the Don

Top Bottom