It finally happened...

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
Good photo story which I'm sorry to confess made me smile.
Let's hope that's your pun***re quota for a long time.

snorri

Legendary Member
There was a certain glow that came from mending my first puncture out on the open road, then continuing the journey. Strangely I got the same feeling after repairing my first puncture in a foreign country, but I don't get the glow now:sad:

:smile:

Eddie

I've given up on repairing inner tubes. I get a puncture every 1,000 miles or more, and that should be even more miles now i've put better tyres on, and even if they were more frequent, inner tubes are only £3 a go. Last time I changed an inner tube I did it start to finish in under 3 minutes, which works well for me.

HovR

Über Member
I've given up on repairing inner tubes. I get a puncture every 1,000 miles or more, and that should be even more miles now i've put better tyres on, and even if they were more frequent, inner tubes are only £3 a go. Last time I changed an inner tube I did it start to finish in under 3 minutes, which works well for me.

Why not fit the new inner tube, and take the punctured one home with you. Repair the punctured one at home, and it becomes your new spare. Only takes 10 minutes to repair a tube, and is less wasteful.

Reactions: 4F

tadpole

Had two punctures on the same hundred metre of road, a week a part, and the patches were two inches apart on the tyre. (yes I had checked for thorns/glass and the like) Then had a flat where the second scab didn't like being stuck over the seam in the inner tube and decided to leak slowly then quickly then slowly and then stop. I put in a new tube at home. The first time three people (two stopped and one ca,e out of their house to see if I was ok/up to speed changing tyres/ needed tools, the second time two stopped.

Top Bottom