It Has Arrived - Raleigh Airlite 400

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
Thanks!

Just got back from a very quick four mile ride down to the LBS to buy a new helmet as my other one is too small. A fair number of ups and downs but it felt easy to do on the new bike.
I have to admit, I am still slightly wobbly when indicating because it is a lot thinner then I'm used to. I may of accidentally rubbed the curve when turning in as I was still thinking I had the larger mountain bike tyres... :shy:

Overall though, I like it and it is a lot smoother and easier to ride, for once I managed to overtake another cyclist (safely of course). I did improve in the short time so after a couple more ride I should be fine on the indicating. As a final note, all I can say is thank God I ordered some padded cycling shorts, cycling in baggies is really painful... the roads aren't the smoothest and going over drain covers kills the groin! :wacko:

All I can say is I should have a lot of fun in the future with it :bicycle: (discovered the Smilies button :tongue:)

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
This is the 2011 model as well.
I had the opportunity to negotiate it but thanks to my rubbish bartering skills I started the offer at £450 down from £500 (reduced from £750 already though) :whistle:

£25 cheaper than I was offered! I didn't have the money but I was also put off by the lbs owner asking me if I was gong to go home and 'tell the wife I'm having it'. Ha!

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from.... somewhere between my lugoles.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Indeed! I laughed along in that socially awkward way we do when we want to let someone know they're out of order but don't want to make a scene. But he was serious!

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from.... somewhere between my lugoles.

Top Bottom