It is on my drive at last.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think you have the duster which is the SUV, stepway which is basically a clio with a bigger ride height , the sandero which is a clio and the logan which is the estate .Theres a new 7 seater which i cant think of the name.
the 1 ltr turbo obviously hasnt got uber oomph but does the job nicely , heck it outperforms the 1.6 i had in my prior vauxhall

EDIT it appears the logan has been discontinued , replaced with the mentioned 7 seat jogger

The jogger is a value version of the Scenic. It’s a real shame they haven’t carried over the 3isofix in the rear with only 2 in the rear lateral seats. Larger families like myself (3 kids) will therefore have to discount the model as an option while kids are under 1.35m tall.

That said the Renault Scenic offering is a fantastic choice offering and rivals the C4 Picasso and the Ford S-max and Galaxy.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The jogger is a value version of the Scenic. It’s a real shame they haven’t carried over the 3isofix in the rear with only 2 in the rear lateral seats. Larger families like myself (3 kids) will therefore have to discount the model as an option while kids are under 1.35m tall.

That said the Renault Scenic offering is a fantastic choice offering and rivals the C4 Picasso and the Ford S-max and Galaxy.

There's nothing inherently safer about Isofix vs non-Isofix as long as a quality seat is positioned correctly and the belt also used properly. What it does do is ensure the correct positioning of the seat so parents are less likely to get it wrong.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I think you have the duster which is the SUV, stepway which is basically a clio with a bigger ride height , the sandero which is a clio and the logan which is the estate .Theres a new 7 seater which i cant think of the name.
the 1 ltr turbo obviously hasnt got uber oomph but does the job nicely , heck it outperforms the 1.6 i had in my prior vauxhall

EDIT it appears the logan has been discontinued , replaced with the mentioned 7 seat jogger
That's the Jogger, which is almost a class of its own as a 7-seater estate, and getting really excellent reviews. The Logan has been dropped now the Jogger has appeared.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had a scenic uhm 12 ish years ago and as im dead inside according to top gear aka sensible parent yadda yadda it was an excellent car for its purpose

There's nothing inherently safer about Isofix vs non-Isofix as long as a quality seat is positioned correctly and the belt also used properly. What it does do is ensure the correct positioning of the seat so parents are less likely to get it wrong.

I am aware of the difference between the two, however without a third proper seat in the middle, instead of a slimline one found in most cars you can’t get three car seats across the back (and the car manual says no) which is why if a car has a third isofix it means the middle seat is likely to be full-size and/or can take a car seat.

I’ve currently got a group 1(for my 3yo) and two group 2/3’s in the back. My eldest will be in a high back group 3 car seat for another year or so as he is quite tall and by that point he will have been in a car seat for 10 years!

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I ordered the Stepway Comfort in January Last advice on delivery end of May early June

Has it come yet?

CXRAndy

Guru
Small word of advice. These little engines in cars have tiny oil sumps. Usually around 3litres.

To keep the valve train, and everything else in tip-top condition, requires clean oil.

My daughter had a little car, the sump was 3.3litres. VW recommended 12,000 mile oil and filter change. I thought that was far too much long a period to run an engine with such a tiny sump.

I changed the oil every 5000 miles or every six months. The car ran sweet as a nut even towards 100,000 miles use.

:okay:

Jameshow

Veteran

Jogger!

Sorry im late to the party!

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
Small word of advice. These little engines in cars have tiny oil sumps. Usually around 3litres.

To keep the valve train, and everything else in tip-top condition, requires clean oil.

My daughter had a little car, the sump was 3.3litres. VW recommended 12,000 mile oil and filter change. I thought that was far too much long a period to run an engine with such a tiny sump.

I changed the oil every 5000 miles or every six months. The car ran sweet as a nut even towards 100,000 miles use.

:okay:

Great advice, I do 6,000 mile changes on our Diesel Kuga, for what it costs it's a no brained.

Some quote 20,000 mile long life intervals, looks great for the bean counters leasing the cars but a disaster for the engines imho..

Top Bottom