It rains! It rains!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
First decent rain in 2 months or so. At last!

AND it waited for me to get home before it started!

aberal

Guru
Wish it would go off.

Gromit

Über Member
Yeh we definitely need it the allotment is rather dry. Shame it was only a passing shower as its over now.

I do love that smell after a rain storm. :-)

longers

Legendary Member
Yeh we definitely need it the allotment is rather dry.

Yep, the weeds will love it! Glad I've got chance to go and throttle a few this weekend.

I was worried it was going to stop raining before leaving work, not often I'll say that but it made a nice change to get wet.

asterix

Comrade Member
Had an excellent thunderstorm on Monday. Nearly half a wheel barrow's worth of rain. (Unfortunately my rain gauge died of UV exposure last year)

Bluebell72

None here yet, but the sky is looking very severe, so fingers crossed.

This time tomorrow I'll be at a barbecue, so it will be coming down stair-rods, for sure!

Maz

Guru
No rain in Leicester yet, but the clouds are looking menacing.

We could do with the rain - I was playing football today and the ground was rock hard - very unforgiving when you're wearing football boots.

soulful dog

Veteran
It's barely stopped today in Glasgow.... still, it meant a proper run-out for the waterproof trousers I bought from Lidl last month. They were fine, worked a treat. Just a pity I hadn't thought about my feet, which were sodden by the time I got home :laugh:

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Had a decent shower on the way home. Was very careful going over metal drain covers as it seems like months since I've ridden over one in the wet.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Had a decent shower on the way home. Was very careful going over metal drain covers as it seems like months since I've ridden over one in the wet.

It's worth being careful on all surfaces. A layer of oil and stuff builds up in the dry and a light shower isn't enough to wash it away, but is enough to sit on top forming a very slippy layer - even on tarmac. Also watch out for large areas of white road paint like mini-RABs.

Top Bottom