It wasn't me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tinykin

Tinykin

Regular
holidayinnbristol201210.jpg

Problem now sorted as Holiday Inn has installed barriers to stop the rat runners. Or at least to stop most of them.
Nebulous,
As far as I know, biker is used interchangeably with the motorised or push-bike. Just recently my 14yo daughter was talking to me about bikers (cyclists). Where I come from, 'cyclist' is hardly used as the word is not easy to pronounce. It's usually either, biker, bicycleman or bikeman.
I have cycled too long and in a country where cyclists (note the term) were not treated with any respect. I know that illegality makes no difference when 250lbs of cycle meets 2 tons of car.
I don’t know what got up your lycra, but from your opening paragraph, it's obvious that you are looking for a keyboard fight. Sorry, I’m not interested in that sort of thing.
It also sounds as if you ride that road pretty regularly. If so, then our paths must have crossed as I walk that way daily on my way to and from work. It’s the same route where I have been hit, mostly brushed, several times by cyclists riding (legally) on the sidewalk…….sorry, pavement.
Anyway, if you see a big 20st black guy, stop and introduce yourself. I have developed many a ‘hello’ relationship with riders, especially at the lights at junction A4174/UWE.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
holidayinnbristol201210.jpg

Problem now sorted as Holiday Inn has installed barriers to stop the rat runners. Or at least to stop most of them.

Anyway, if you see a big 20st black guy, stop and introduce yourself. I have developed many a ‘hello’ relationship with riders, especially at the lights at junction A4174/UWE.
Are those barriers on the side road? There are some on the ring road side too.
If I'm going that way I'm on the ring road path. Presumably at those lights because it can take so long to cross in the morning!!! (Evening seems to be better - possibly because I'm earlier than the main rush hour traffic.

Top Bottom