It wasn't too bad at Sainsbury's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've just returned from Sainsbury's and can report the store was surprisingly quiet.

Plenty of space in the car park, and no queues to speak of at the checkouts - not all of which needed to be open.

I went on the bike and was expecting to be able to smugly weave through traffic jams.

On balance, being robbed of a gloating opportunity was better than having to shop in a store full of people.

Any other Christmas shopping stories - good or bad?

Lullabelle

Banana
Our local Sainsburys is very close to Fosse park shopping centre so that part of the area can be chocka at this time of year so we try to avoid if we can. We went at about 8.30am yesterday and it was rather busy then.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Our local Sainsburys is very close to Fosse park shopping centre so that part of the area can be chocka at this time of year so we try to avoid if we can. We went at about 8.30am yesterday and it was rather busy then.

I've just come back from there. Sainsburys was busy but we got parked okay. Also went into Fosse Park and got served straight away in M&S

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
We come home with bags of shïte

It's cheaper than Sainsbury's shite. :thumbsup:

MarkF

Guru
It was quiet about 11am at my local Sainsbury's, I don't understand it, the car park was full, but the store was quiet. :wacko:

Berties

Fast and careful!
i get all my xmas perishables delivered,veg from a green grocers and turkey from the butchers best of all its all gifts as my sweetner from buying from them at the restaurant all year,I did a french dash to get my goodies and booze two weeks ago through the tunnel ,I could no more go to a supermarket this week then fly to the moon ,the idea brings me out in a sweat

Brandane

Legendary Member
Sainsbury in Irvine was quite civilised, no worse than your average Sunday afternoon. As was Tesco in Kilbirnie last Thursday evening. Are people finally realising that the shops are only closed for one day?
There was a sign at Sainsbury to say they are even open on New Years day! A few years ago that wouldn't have been tolerated in Scotland.

clid61

Veteran
Against better judgement Ms Clid and I headed into Manchester today. It was very quiet considering the time of year and the market in St Peters square was surprisingly people free ! Not a bad day really quite stressless considering !

winjim

Smash the cistern
We've just got a new Sainsbury's. The car park's great, it's got little overhead green and red lights to indicate the free spaces.

Anyway, I went on my bike today and it was fine.

Top Bottom