Itchy unmentionables

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spooner2015

I know this sounds trivial compared to what others are suffering but whenever I cycle I get terminal itchy b*****s. I don't understand why and it tends to calm down after a couple of hours. Does anyone here have any experience of this and can suggest a good cream or at least a way I can prevent this? I cycle about 25 miles a day in my commute and shower at least daily, oh and it's been a while since I've had any anode so that can be ruled out

OP
OP
S

Spooner2015

I know this sounds trivial compared to what others are suffering but whenever I cycle I get terminal itchy b*****s. I don't understand why and it tends to calm down after a couple of hours. Does anyone here have any experience of this and can suggest a good cream or at least a way I can prevent this? I cycle about 25 miles a day in my commute and shower at least daily, oh and it's been a while since I've had any anode so that can be ruled out

"anode" means "amore" predictive text let me down, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

CXRAndy

Guru
Change washing powder to experiment. I use 60°C for under garments and cycling kit increase chance of killing most bacteria.
try different chamios creme. I've just started using udderly smooth instead of assistance and really like it

vickster

Legendary Member
Presumably your shorts are worn commando and you only ever use non bio wash stuff?

I wouldn’t personally wash Lycra at 60, 40 suffices for me

Are you getting chafing? Maybe try some pruning if required?

vickster

Legendary Member
Try washing with cetraben (my GP has advised this in the past) and avoid any perfumed shower products and certainly soap

D

Deleted member 1258

Serious question - how often should one soap down ones space hoppers? I shower daily and give my plums a good scrub and don't suffer unduly.

PS, is this a slightly surreal conversation, or what?

I shower once a week and wash down in front of the sink daily. I wear unpadded shorts and tights with bamboo undershorts, I'm comfortable and don't have any problems.

Matty T

Keep it simple - wash low temp with non bio (shorts that is!) and udderly smooth is hypoallergenic so that shouldn't be the cause but maybe try using Sudocrem nappy cream for a week instead and see if that makes a difference - good luck with the dangle berries !!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Serious question - how often should one soap down ones space hoppers? I shower daily and give my plums a good scrub and don't suffer unduly.

PS, is this a slightly surreal conversation, or what?

Daily here too - usually early evening.

I just Googled how many people shower daily and I was surprised at the results. I've always assumed that more or less everyone did every day - it appears that this is not the case.

@Spooner2015 Google 'Jock itch'.

D

Deleted member 1258

Daily here too - usually early evening.

I just Googled how many people shower daily and I was surprised at the results. I've always assumed that more or less everyone did every day - it appears that this is not the case.

@Spooner2015 Google 'Jock itch'.

I hadn't come across that before.

Top Bottom