Itchy unmentionables

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Ha ha! When I was in Germany we had a Lance Jack that was told in no uncertain terms to shower more or face a Regimental Bath!

When I was under training at Ganges in the late sixties I can remember one scruffy fella being told to shower by two of his mess mates in the shower block whilst they stood there with yard brooms, if I remember right they also stood over him whilst he washed his kit later on.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I just Googled how many people shower daily and I was surprised at the results. I've always assumed that more or less everyone did every day - it appears that this is not the case.

@Spooner2015 Google 'Jock itch'.

I dare not google it, I'm sure I'd cringe at the results. I shower at least once daily, twice if I commute & sometimes 3 times :blush:
30 degrees wash with Fairy non bio for all my cycling kit & never have an issue with itching. Occasional saddle sores, but sudacrem when off the bike & chamois cream when on the bike seems to work ok for me :okay:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Serious question - how often should one soap down ones space hoppers? I shower daily and give my plums a good scrub and don't suffer unduly.

PS, is this a slightly surreal conversation, or what?

I`m getting some funny looks in the office after falling of my chair laughing :laugh: Sorry :blush: Some cracking material on this thread, for the workshop humour mill.

PS I also vote for a detergent change. As for those who don`t shower very often, do you live and work on your own :ohmy:

Last edited:

byegad

Legendary Member
I shower once a week and wash down in front of the sink daily. I wear unpadded shorts and tights with bamboo undershorts, I'm comfortable and don't have any problems.
I have very secretive skin, and find bamboo T-shirts are very comfortable and do not chafe. I suspect your problem is getting the fell's round mates a bit hot and sweaty and suspect that bamboo next to your skin may help.

I'm allergic to most washing powders and liquids so try shopping around for a product that doesn't set you off.

D

Deleted member 1258

I have very secretive skin, and find bamboo T-shirts are very comfortable and do not chafe. I suspect your problem is getting the fell's round mates a bit hot and sweaty and suspect that bamboo next to your skin may help.

I'm allergic to most washing powders and liquids so try shopping around for a product that doesn't set you off.

But I don't have a problem! I say so in my original post.

postman

Legendary Member
Could be early fungal problem.Go see Doc first then get some DAKTACORT.great stuff.

Top Bottom