Items lost in post?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
On a community FB page,people were asking if their parcel was outside anyone's home.It seems a certain courier firm were taking photos of a door and number,sadly not the street name plate,cos they were in the wrong street.The page must had had six wrongly delivered parcels in a week.No point in photographing a door and number if you are in the wrong street.Why not put the postcode in to a sat nav and get to the correct street at least.
Just dumping it on the door step a photographing it does constitute a completed delivery in my book. It either has to be in the letter box, with a neighbour or as a last resort in a safe place on the premises.

Venod

Eh up
I sold a pair of wheels and Hermes, they took 3 weeks to deliver them, the buyer wasn't very happy, I could understand that.
I have bought a couple of frames, delivered by Parcel Force, both had a small hole in the box and the Headset had been nicked, the supplier had to send out another.

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
Well had a bit of good luck today one of my Ebay sold items actually arrived (a bit late) sent royal mail 2nd class on the 26 september and just arrived with buyer today.
Just thought it may be of interest and perhaps thats why royal mail/ post office dont consider an item lost until 10 days after expected delivery date?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
No I haven't had that happen for years. In fact I was just thinking how swift the deliveries had been over the last few months. The only complaints I've had are with other couriers who were leaving a parcel outside my door and not even knocking; if I hadn't noticed then anyone could have pinched them

Pretty standard around Christmas. Firstly they hire dodgy people.....and students, who have habit of dumping the letters. I suspect one of the posters further back is correct about the shortage of staff. My Hermes lady had to many deliveries. Told them to half her round and get someone else to deliver the other half. 5 replacements have quit as they are unable to find the houses in a rural area (no house numbers). The bloke whose has done it for a month started training to be a fireman Monday. No idea when I will get a delivery from my Hermes again. He, the soon to be a fireman, had an app with all the locations of the houses based on names. Expensive but well worth it, so he reckons!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Had a courier knock on the door yesterday and ask if this was 53. Given that the number 76 is in 10 inch high letters in the glass panel above the door, we had to wonder whether he was in the right profession.

As i thought amazon prime delivery Thursday. Clearly struggling to find a replacement courier!
From Hermes
"There's a delay with your delivery of your Amazon parcel.
Don't worry, we will send you a message on Mon Oct 12 2020 regarding your delivery."
Well I will have to wait a bit longer before I can hang my bicycles up. Not the end of the world.

classic33

Leg End Member
This sadly happens. Also, ive seen many scams and been victim to a few since i became self employed and rely on the likes of the Post Office. Ive noticed recently that DPD are taking pictures of their parcels being delivered. Numerous scams claiming people haven't received them among the box shakers that work for these companies that will take a chance...
That only works when they have the right house, on the right street. With no-one taking signatures at present, using pictures as proof of delivery doesn't mean they got it right.

Neighbour had two iPads delivered, but left in the bin on bin day. Note pushed through the letterbox, saying where they'd left them. Neighbour came home to an empty bin, and the note in the house.

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
I sold a pair of wheels and Hermes, they took 3 weeks to deliver them, the buyer wasn't very happy, I could understand that.
I have bought a couple of frames, delivered by Parcel Force, both had a small hole in the box and the Headset had been nicked, the supplier had to send out another.

Thing with selling on Ebay, if its a cheap item and sent 2nd class not signed for chances are you have to give buyer a full refund when they say its not delivered, risk bad feedback and lose not only your item but have to pay the postage.
know i some times wonder if i should risk selling low value items but as its only bike bits i some times advertise think it helps another cyclist?

Never mind items getting lost in the post. I had this little beauty posted through the letter box today by the postie. Completely destroyed card from moonpig.

Attachments

• EF1A85A1-DCCF-442A-A450-5C55AE964963.jpeg
    EF1A85A1-DCCF-442A-A450-5C55AE964963.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 5E5A73FC-9440-4A47-866A-C1EDF71F794A.jpeg
    5E5A73FC-9440-4A47-866A-C1EDF71F794A.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 1
  • DF25626F-0C14-4E28-B6A6-7F6D07D7007A.jpeg
    DF25626F-0C14-4E28-B6A6-7F6D07D7007A.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2
A friend said that the conditions that the postmen are having to work in my area is causing a lot of stress and making them leave . The shortage of staff isn't helping either, any new recruits leave as they can't stand the way they are treated.
I heard of letters not being sorted and just left piling up as priority was placed on parcels instead.
I was also told of the vans being fitted with monitors which recorded braking , acceleration, and whether the vehicle was left running whilst the postman delivered the post. Unless the vehicles were fitted with heavy duty or stop start batteries, constant stop starting could lead to the vans breaking down . Too many infringements would lead to a talking to by the manager .

Top Bottom