Items lost in post?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
Has any one else noticed items going lost from the post office or royal mail? Sold a few bike bits on Ebay sent them 2nd signed for and they never arrived, never had that problem before?
Then bought an item again Ebay seen the seller had put a tracking number but it never arrived?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've not had that problem for ages.
In fact, MrsPete posted a parcel from Hamtun to Thanet yesterday at 09.15 and it was delivered this morning.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Yes I posted a parcel to London and they never got it. I claimed via the Post office and they paid me compensation.I think the item may have been stolen.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm getting a lot more non-arrivals - several purchases via eBay recently have gone missing. A few I've sent have gone as well.

The Post Office, Yodel, Hermes etc. have had a massive increase in demand and, as a result, are recruiting more. There'll be a few bad'uns in those that've been recruited.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We recently received a small parcel via Royal Mail that was 2 months late.
We’d given up all hope of it arriving, but better late than never. Who knows where it had been.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Birthday cards interception. A good weeks beer tokens for postie in years gone by.
Cash in cards is a no-no. I lost a few gifts from trusting grandparents over the years.
sometimes we receive cards with a small rip in the corner where someone has been looking inside.

Chris S

Legendary Member
We recently received a small parcel via Royal Mail that was 2 months late.
We’d given up all hope of it arriving, but better late than never. Who knows where it had been.
The same thing happened to me. The postcode was slightly wrong and designated a non-existent area. Presumably it had lain around in a sorting office until somebody got a chance to look at it.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Where's my Private Eye? Should have been here yesterday.:sad:

Edit: well, that worked like a charm, it's just been delivered.

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
This sadly happens. Also, ive seen many scams and been victim to a few since i became self employed and rely on the likes of the Post Office. Ive noticed recently that DPD are taking pictures of their parcels being delivered. Numerous scams claiming people haven't received them among the box shakers that work for these companies that will take a chance...

postman

Legendary Member
On a community FB page,people were asking if their parcel was outside anyone's home.It seems a certain courier firm were taking photos of a door and number,sadly not the street name plate,cos they were in the wrong street.The page must had had six wrongly delivered parcels in a week.No point in photographing a door and number if you are in the wrong street.Why not put the postcode in to a sat nav and get to the correct street at least.

Top Bottom