It'll probably be the death of me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickM

Veteran
I'm rubbish at being unwell. Two days in bed with the Dreaded Lurgy (nonspecific variety), and now I've been up for half a day, pottering, and I feel knackered :ohmy:

How come MsM doesn't succumb to these things? :biggrin:

mcd

Keep resting - difficult, but the weather's crap, so that should help. People around me at work are coming back with bad sounding coughs. I'm eating more fruit, Vit C, loads of water & more sleep to try and stay clear.

How was your " Ne'er " up north?

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
It nearly killed me. 73 miles in 3.5 days. I felt as though I'd been bastinadoed by lunchtime on the third day. On arrival at our B&B's it was all I could do to keep on a brave face until we had the room door shut and I could collapse in a heap. How I did 100k in April I do not know. MsM just keeps going indefinitely without any apparent distress... grrr.

Still, it was good fun in retrospect (and I found that rarity in Scotland, a top notch pub, just round the corner from MsM's daughter's house in Inverness - wahey! And a decent Italian restaurant, the thought of which kept me going to Fort William and the coach back. Oh, and never eat in the Drumnadrochit Hotel - it's crap).

I think this lurgy was probably picked from the Travelling Public (bastards!) on the long trek north by train and has been hibernating until now.

I trust all is fine and dandy down in the approaches of the Med? :tongue:

freakhatz

Twenty Inch said:
Suleiman the Magnificent! Now there was a name to toy with, but only if you wanted to die a slow, painful death.

Happy days...

So no Teddies called Suleiman, I guess.

Top Bottom