It's 6am, I'm up and ready for the delivery.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought some new wheels on Tuesday, the message I recieved this morning at 02:30:blink: says they are out for delivery from our Scunthorpe CityLink at 07:30 so a nice 1 day holiday taken to swap cassette and tyres was on the cards, but after umming and ahhing over Ultegra or Cosmics at loasadosh I have gone for something else, a lot cheaper but definately fits the bill, anyone know what I finally bought.

yello

An alarm clock?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
wheels.jpeg

djb1971

Legendary Member
We'll never know. City Link are waiting to sneak past later and push a 'we tried to deliver' card through your letterbox.

That's what usually happens to me anyway, wether I'm in or not:whistle:

byegad

Legendary Member
I booked a day photographing Bird of Prey. Four days before I was due to go my camera developed a fault so I ordered a replacement camera body from a well known firm which I'll call Thames.
Paying for next day delivery, by Chitty Link I eagerly awaited my delivery, all day. At 8pm I contacted 'Thames' to be told it had been sent by them to the wrong carrier and would possibly arrive tomorrow, or in the next ten days. I cancelled the order and paid through the nose for another firm to deliver by 9.00am. As I knew I'd missed the deadline for next day delivery from the second firm this meant that it would arrive the day before I was due to go!

9.00am of that day arrived, and passed without a delivery, until at 11.10am the second firms order arrived. 22minutes later the 'Thames' delivery arrived and was refused by me as I'd cancelled that delivery. I then contacted the second firm and asked for a refund on my 9.00am delivery fee, which they happily refunded.

I got my new camera, I paid nothing for delivery, but I wasted a day and a half in waiting, and a lot of temper.

I do hope the OPs wheels roll up on time.

EDIT...

LOL they did! While I was typing.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
OMG! I was sat here, drinking my fourth strong coffee of the morning, thinking with a smug smile, ha, by 3 pm we'll be seeing some grrrrrrrs and *!%**'s and :cursing::cursing::cursing: and what a wasted day this has turned out to be coming from Dangermouse. But hell no, Well done City Link :bravo:...................... that's as long as they're as round as you think they are.
Enjoy your day ^_^

Top Bottom