It's a giant bike, but it's not a Giant.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Moodyman said:
Riser handlebars make a small difference, but on closer inspection, it looks like your stem is the cause of the higher handlebars.

It's steep, which gives it the height. Nothing wrong with that, it gives you a more sit up position rather than being hunched over at an angle.

It appears you have the fit spot on. Enjoy.

I have to say, that it feels comfortable enough. I've done an 18 mile ride thus far (plans for a 30 tomorrow morning), and don't feel unduly sore/achy afterwards. I guess the more upright position is of benefit to me, as having been operated on some years ago to correct 3 'slipped' discs, the lower back could be a weak point if hunched over too far.

If anyone wants to site behind me for a bit on the L2 B, feel free - I make a great windbreak.

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Cheers for the info/guidance by the way dudes.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
So the seat should be 5cms higher?

Normally yes, but not always.

The saddle should be a little higher than the place you grip the bars. But, you have a steeper stem than normal which explains why your saddle is lower. If you're comfortable and not getting any pains, don't bother messing around with the set up.

Your body will tell you (via pain) when things are not right - see examples:

Pain in the knees (behind the knee cap) when saddle too low
Pain in the lower back when too high,
Wrist pains when your arms are too close to the handlebars
Aches & cramps in your upper body and should area if you're too stretched out to reach the handlebars.

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Muddyfox said:
Mrs Muddyfox says that a couple of inches make all the difference ! i'm not sure how she would know this because she has'nt ridden her bike for years ?
:hello:

Simon

Aww, bless you. You have children too then eh?

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Now, is it me - or does my bike look small in this?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
It is not as big as this;)

atlas2.jpg

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

punkypossum said:
Saddle looks a bit low, but that might just be the picture. And does that back tyre need pumping up??? :thumbsup:

Glad you said that - I think it looks a bit low too.

The saddle was adjusted/raised by the dude in the shop and is in line with my hips. I can probably go up another inch or two - but will probably be too high when compared to the handlebars then....

I think the back tyre does need a bit more air - but it is carrying near 18st.

Top Bottom