It's a public holiday in the UK innit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
goo_mason said:
At work too. I work for a large pensions provider - we're always told that we can't close on English Bank Holidays because we have Scottish customers, and can't close on Scottish Bank Holidays because we have English customers.

I'm sure the Scottish & English banks have customers from the other side of the border to them, so how come they manage to close ? :biggrin:

P.S. I've tried sponsoring you, but I keep getting a VBS script error. I'll sort it later!

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've been at work today too, grubbing about in a tiny bathroom boxing in pipe runs. No room to swing a tenon saw and ceramic tiles on the floor. I'd forgotten my knee pads too.

quidditys_shore

i've been to work at morrisons :blush: not had a bank holiday off in the 6 yearsi've been there! (i'm the supervisor so if the manager i off i'm in, but he has EVERY bank hol/kids hol off!)

they class bank holidays as normal working days so we have to work them. only get paid normal rates though! but we do get an extra day added to our holidays.

we close 1.5hrs earlier than normal but its not worth it as everywhere still opens 10-4 so we may as well do the same

killiekosmos

Veteran
goo_mason said:
I work for a large pensions provider :biggrin:

Great. I'm looking for a large pension, can your company please provide one?:wacko:

No holiday for me either. Got blown into work in full wet weather gear.

Top Bottom