It's a throwaway world..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
to my benefit today !!! :blush:

Nothing special, but pulled up into my parking space at lunchtime...there's a Y framed full sus MTB leant against a lampost nearby, with a piece of paper attached to it....free to good home :tongue:

The wheels and tyres look as though theyve hardly seen any work, frames scratched, probably from having all sorts of cr@p laid against it in someones shed, some components are sightly rusted...but overall, a perfecty working bike.
My sons the new owner....shame it wont last long, he mullers bikes like its a hobby ;)

Still.....looks like a 3 or 4 year old sub £100 bike, brought for someone, used for one summer, then thrown into the back of the shed....then thrown out. Thankyou very much :biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
gbb said:
to my benefit today !!! :blush:

Nothing special, but pulled up into my parking space at lunchtime...there's a Y framed full sus MTB leant against a lampost nearby, with a piece of paper attached to it....free to good home :tongue:

The wheels and tyres look as though theyve hardly seen any work, frames scratched, probably from having all sorts of cr@p laid against it in someones shed, some components are sightly rusted...but overall, a perfecty working bike.
My sons the new owner....shame it wont last long, he mullers bikes like its a hobby ;)

Still.....looks like a 3 or 4 year old sub £100 bike, brought for someone, used for one summer, then thrown into the back of the shed....then thrown out. Thankyou very much :smile:

:biggrin: Holy halfords budget bikes batman!

Mr Pig

yenrod said:
Well at least it can come to some use !

Yip. The handling will be so evil it'll put your son in hospital! Kidding, I hope not, but they are bad. I see the local cherubs bobbing along the street on those things all the time.

Teenager saw me coming one day and yelled 'race you mate?'. I'm forty and fat but he still got left way behind.

Another good place to get bikes is the local tip. At ours they pile all the bikes up at the side and if you ask nicely they let you take them. Friend of mine has got a few bikes for his kds that way.

Top Bottom