Its Arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
2012-06-15132145.jpg

My New Giant Defy 4 has arrived - already switched the wheels out and flipped the stem..........just need some nice weather now to get out an ride it :wahhey:

Pictures :thumbsup:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Nice weather to ride PAH! Nice bike enjoy the ride I fear you may have a little wait for the nice weather though :-)

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Even nicer in the flesh, get it round the block for a quick blast..
not with the torrential downpour thats happening outside at the moment..........i'd be mad to go out in this

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
not with the torrential downpour thats happening outside at the moment..........i'd be mad to go out in this
Nice bike !
Cycled home inweather you describe, into a strong headwind with pouring rain and i was wet within 1/2 mile even though i had a coat, a gilet, rainlegs , overshoes and even a plastic bag under the helmet .

defy-one

2012-06-15132145.jpg

My New Giant Defy 4 has arrived - already switched the wheels out and flipped the stem..........just need some nice weather now to get out an ride it :wahhey:

Sweeeeet!
I'm STILL waiting for the darn voucher :-(

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Weather is looking good for tomorrow to take the bike on its first journey - which will be my regular 20mile round journey to the rents house for a coffee and a natter.

one thing i have noticed already with the giant compared to my raliegh is the build quality, everything feels solid and secure. The cockpit is nice and compact, it also has better sti levers that feel chunkier and easier to control..........

hope it rides as good as it looks

Keep an eye on the drive side chainstay, my 2011 Defy 4 is being eaten by the chain rings due to excessive flex under load.

LBS have switched out the BB in the belief the original may have been on the narrow side (it appears there is quite a bit of tolerance in the stated width of a BB) and sent photos to Giant but not heard wether they are happy with the 'fix' or sending a new frame.

Top Bottom