It's Friday and it's started!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
The house was heavy with the scent of polish. ...and Frank was nearly home.
The door burst open and keys were flung at a shelf. Shoes fell where they were flicked and bowels were definately still in working order. The welcoming smile was still there in the hallway, yet Frank was sofa sprawled.
'Hi love! Day alright?' Helen entered the lounge and beamed at the demented cockatoo of a man as the TV erupted into life."Gettus abeer luv, It'll be startin soon!" A remote wavered like a preying mantis before the flickering tube.
The beer can, still chilled, fell crushed upon the tiles with a clack.
Leaning fowards, facial expressions flickering, a hand was raised head high. A virtual can occupied the palm. "There are a couple of Carlsbergs with the salad luv! Get a move on. It'll be starting!"

"Okay honey."

Compressed aluminium fell and a hand shook another phantom brew.
"A fourpack is under the sink. It's nearly starting!"
The cupboard door slammed shut and the cans now dangled between face and screen...
" I am pig sick of spending my life cleaning this bloody house only to have you roll in, like some sodding beached whale, half cut and well, gawd knows what the neighbours think. I polish, scrub, Well, it's worse than having a child, you would expect it of a child, but a grown man...I should have listened to ........"
IT'S STARTED.
Thought Frank.

* Waits for part two *

OP
OP
mr_hippo

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
yenrod said:
Does this mean Monsieur Hippo' is having a hard time at home ???????

Not at all! Apart from the shingles, I've never been happier in my life. As for beer, it is not unusual for me to have two cans in the fridge for months. I can't remember the exact date that I went into a pub but I do remember it was expensive - three pints and two shorts and it cost me about 17/8d - disgusting!

mr_hippo said:
I can't remember the exact date that I went into a pub but I do remember it was expensive - three pints and two shorts and it cost me about 17/8d - disgusting!

Was that Brown Ale or Stout, maybe mild?

yenrod

:smile:

mr_hippo said:
Not at all! Apart from the shingles, I've never been happier in my life. As for beer, it is not unusual for me to have two cans in the fridge for months. I can't remember the exact date that I went into a pub but I do remember it was expensive - three pints and two shorts and it cost me about 17/8d - disgusting!

Slowgrind

Now if you lived in Widnes you could go to "The Doctors" for a pint, and see if that soothed your shingles. It`d cost more than 17/8d though!

Top Bottom