It's good here.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
On this forum I mean.

I spend a lot of time reading posts, doubled over with laughter which is good. Very good in fact, I do like laughing, its good for the soul :biggrin:

Not only that, but as a newb I get great, accurate (I assume :biggrin:) advice, and get it quickly too.

And (yes there's more) I feel welcome here.

I see from the threads that a lot of you go back a long way on C+ (don't really know what that was or the history of it) but its not in the slightest bit cliquey.
I've only been a member a short while and already have loads of posts. Says a lot I think..............................

Anyway, thanks all, long may it continue <raises virtual glass>
Cheers :biggrin:

yenrod

Panter', mate I judge a good thread post' by the fact that king Pat Stevens - posts on it...

And if Queen Arch does too, then good luck will surely come your way :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:D:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

BTW - the a fetching young thing' you;ve got ther as your avatar explain dear boy/man/thing..

N.B. = the C+ thing was quite simple = bike mag; called C+ got a forum going and most of us where on it and the vibe here is pretty much the same BUT a bit older with reference to the age of the posters on here :biggrin: - I'm quite young btw :biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Aw, we're glad you're happy here. I really value this forum too..I've learned so much, and it's also fuelled my passion for my bike, which has given me many happy hours over the summer!! It's a good place.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
yenrod said:
Panter', mate I judge a good thread post' by the fact that king Pat Stevens - posts on it...

And if Queen Arch does too, then good luck will surely come your way :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:D:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

BTW - the a fetching young thing' you;ve got ther as your avatar explain dear boy/man/thing..

N.B. = the C+ thing was quite simple = bike mag; called C+ got a forum going and most of us where on it and the vibe here is pretty much the same BUT a bit older with reference to the age of the posters on here ;) - I'm quite young btw :biggrin:

I must admit it was a post by "King Pat Stephens" on the hardboiled egg thread that fuelled this one, as once again I resumed the fetal position and crunched to the floor weeping with laughter at reading the reply to an already very funny thread ;)

RE my avatar, i've had a lot of interest in that :wacko:
It's pro cyclist Lynn Gaggioli apparently, and blatantly ripped from the Bikeradar "girls in lycra" thread. She's rather lovely isn't she.

Thanks for the C+ explanation, simple really :biggrin:

Aw, we're glad you're happy here. I really value this forum too..I've learned so much, and it's also fuelled my passion for my bike, which has given me many happy hours over the summer!! It's a good place.
And of course there's the really great thing about here, as you say, motivation to get out and ride :biggrin:

Once I can tear myself away from the keyboard anyway......................................:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
You're right Panter - tis a good and funny place with plenty of knowledge and experience.

longers

Legendary Member
col said:
I agree,i find im looking in every chance i get.

I'm thinking of taking a hammer to the computer and going doing something else instead.

I nearly logged on while on holiday FFS.:biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
:biggrin: I know what you mean

zimzum42

Legendary Member
longers said:
I nearly logged on while on holiday FFS.:biggrin:

er......

I've done that. Was In Tanzania cursing the fact that after paying for an hour of internet I had only been able to veiw about 5 threads, it's so damn slow out there......

And my post count suffered, I fell off the first page of the leaderboard, took me ages to get back.........

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm flattered to have been mentioned as an arbiter of a good thread! I'm only sorry I've been absent a bit recently, and may be more so in future, unless I can get a job with internet access and not much work....;)

Glad you're liking it here, Panter:smile:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
I'm flattered to have been mentioned as an arbiter of a good thread! I'm only sorry I've been absent a bit recently, and may be more so in future, unless I can get a job with internet access and not much work....;)

Glad you're liking it here, Panter:smile:

a job with "online" in the title helps too ;)

glad you're enjoying yourself here, panter.

btw, you can get round the swear filter, so you don't have to say 'king pat stevens; say what you mean! :smile:;)

Panter said:
RE my avatar, i've had a lot of interest in that ;)
It's pro cyclist Lynn Gaggioli apparently, and blatantly ripped from the Bikeradar "girls in lycra" thread. She's rather lovely isn't she.

.....;)

Initially I was convinced your avatar was a self portrait and was rather impressed. Gradually it appeared that you were possibly and then, later, probably male. Sorry.

btw I've never made that type of mistake in real life - THANK GOODNESS.

Top Bottom