It's kick BTFB up the a*%e time again peeps...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
stevenb said:
I'd have been out had I not been required to work.
Im hoping the LBS will fix my bike tomorrow and allow me to ride it either tomorrow or Sunday...although I got a good 50 mins on the turbo tonight.

Get yourself a spare bike immediately:angry:.........................................:idea:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Creamcrackered said:
Went out today - cycled in formation with a Barn Owl for half a mile. How cool is that?
That's bollox!

A Barn Owl could never ride a bike, it wouldn't be able to reach the pedals.

Abitrary

Must admit, I sympathise with BTFB... there's something a bit... er... boring and nothing about the weather at the moment.

It might be better next week though. I'd wait till then.

dessertwarrior

Skived off work early today to take my new Spesh Tricross for my first proper ride since buying it last week. Only time for a short ride, which turned out to be all I was worth today - very tired for some reason (is it possible to 'bonk' before you get on the bike!). Persevered & managed around 18 miles.

Too much on this w/e to get out for any serious mileage though :idea:

stevenb

snorri said:
Get yourself a spare bike immediately:angry:.........................................:idea:

:thumbsup:...I have....it's my MTB.
Fingers crossed they can fix the BMC today!!!!!!
19 miles there...19 miles back though...more fuel wasted.:thumbsup:

walker

take the time off BTFB, it will do you good and you will come back stronger at the end of it (as long as its not too long off the bike), I wouldn't feel too down about it, I have a week or so off about twice a year

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
BTFB
Find yourself a cycling buddy...it's only thanks to mine that I've braved the nmiserable wheather lately. Not wanting to appear a wimp is a great motivator...as is a regular weekly time to get out with your pal.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Today i am kitted up and ready to ride...well kitted up anyway...I think I will take it easy today and just 'get round'...then tomorrow i will take a longer ride...

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

25 miles...easy peasy....lots of 'stored carbs' to burn...:becool:

stevenb

You could always go out for a brisk walk over the countryside if you cant cycle BTFB.
I did it a couple of times during the winter just gone. Walked 4-5 miles of the Chilterns.
At least getting out today will motivate you.
A cycling buddy really does help.
I would have gone out with another buddy today but had to take my bike to the shop first.

Top Bottom