1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's kick BTFB up the a*%e time again peeps...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 14 Mar 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

..yep I am embarrassed to say that the recent weather has defeated me...I havent ridden for a week...the longest period off the bike in ayear:blush::blush:....I feel fat and depressed already...hmm...yes...it's definately time for a virtual ass kicking...Thankyou...I deserve it.:biggrin:

2. Landslide

Landslide Rare Migrant

It's not bad weather, just inappropriate clothing! Wrap up warm & dry and get out there!!!

Don't make me come over there!!! :blush::evil::biggrin::smile:

3. Maz

Maz Guru

no excuses you lazy git! get on that bike on monday!

i had a bike-off last week and with the cast on my arm will be off-bike for 4 more weeks...i'm putting on weight already!

4. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Was a bit windy once this week - really nice out there (if overcast) today - get off your fat ass !

5. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i had the first day off (the bike) for ages on monday. hated it, so was back on it tuesday, runny nose notwithstanding. that's only cleared up today.

6. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Get out tomorrow you feckless arse. Remember, no more treats until you have been for a ride:biggrin:

7. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I am so glad I have my 7 mile each way commute, because I haven't done any evening or weekend rides since last October! :ohmy:

They say that the hardest part of any workout is between the sofa and the door and fortunately that is taken out of the equation with commuting.

8. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

I'm with Domtyler - the commute makes me get out all weathers....

9. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

Yeah get out there ferchristssake :smile:

Even I've been on the turbo in the evenings and mountain biking at lunchtimes :ohmy:

10. Went out today - cycled in formation with a Barn Owl for half a mile. How cool is that?

11. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

On tuesday I almost didn't cycle in because of the strong wind. I even got as far as walking out the front door and then I thought to myself:

"I've never regretted cycling in; I've only ever regretted *not* cycling in"...

I turned straight around, got changed and cycled into work. I really enjoyed the ride :ohmy:

12. BTFB

I dont think i am tall as you but i am still rotund(ish) 17st from 21st 9lb

i really didnt want to go out this week on my new bike(which i have to say WOW!!! )but i did 3 times and although not as far as i would of liked its better than nothing,yes i did get wet,but its all part of the fun and hopefully come 6th july when i cross the finish line in Hautacam i can look back and think it was worth it !!!!

listen, i am even going to give up my pre-football ritual tomorrow to go cycling in the crap weather and then go and watch the crap football game (QPR) v Scunthorpe

go out ,you wont regret it !!!!

13. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Get out there btfb:angry:
    One tip, stop listening to weather forecasts, they invariably paint a much bleaker picture than the actual weather that we get.:biggrin:

14. longers

longers Veteran

That is very true, although I am altering my habits and going out tomorrow not sunday because of the forecast. A mostly dry day with little wind does sound a bit better than raining all day with 20 mph winds.

*kicks BTFB up the arse and leaves*

15. stevenb

stevenb New Member

I'd have been out had I not been required to work.
    Im hoping the LBS will fix my bike tomorrow and allow me to ride it either tomorrow or Sunday...although I got a good 50 mins on the turbo tonight.