1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Lidl season again

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by andygates, 10 Mar 2008.

1. andygates

andygates New Member

Lidl have some decent stuff and Lidl prices this week. Not that I just got a unicycle, oh no. The shoes are particularly good value. Get 'em before the pikey Ebay reselling scrotes do.:sad:

2. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

Damn! I meant to pop in quickly this morning but I completely forgot about it!

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

if you can nip in at lunch time you might get lucky, that's what i did last year and got what i wanted, although the shoes weren't the ideal colour.

4. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I saw someone buying a unicycle when I popped in - tempted, but I should probably learn how to ride my proper bike first :biggrin:

5. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I bought a couple of Lidl jerseys a couple of years ago and they were cheap but it was like wearing sandpaper so I moved them on to my son sharpish.

6. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

Got some mitts, shoes and tops this morning. Was going to get shorts, but they were loose, baggy things and not the usual tight lycra. Looked pretty awful in the pic on the packet, so I didn't bother.

No massive crowd fighting over the dwindling piles of gear as there usually is, for some reason. Only 1 bloke trying on a jacket when I was in at 8.15am, and mountains of stock left.

Maybe the rain and the fact it was a Monday put people off ?

7. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

they actually have a pair of detachable padded shorts inside them.

8. Which branch was that ? I popped into the Nicolson St at lunch time (12:45) it was out of most things. I managed to get the shoes though and that was what I was really after, I think the bad weather had put people off. I picked up a top too. Plenty of saddles left!

9. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

Leith Kirkgate.

Damn !! If only I'd know they contained padded shorts :biggrin:

10. Ashaman42

Ashaman42 Über Member

Picked up the shoes. I use shimano spd-sl pedal cleats (3 bolt pattern). Can I get an adaptor for these shoes or do I need to get mountain bike pedals/cleats?

11. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Went down at 4 today, couldnt get down in the morning. Helmets, saddle covers, saddles, shoes and a couple of bar bags, and lots of socks.
    Went down for trousers and a couple of jerseys and came out with one pack of socks.:biggrin: The only jerseys left were XL and womens.
    Would have been better if it were next week when i am off, coud have gone down for opening then.

12. OP
    OP
    andygates

andygates New Member

I'm going to die.
    CIMG1610.jpg

13. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

now where have i seen that before? :biggrin:

14. red_tom

red_tom New Member

I gave up trying to learn unicycling after the following.

Left foot pushed down on pedal, wheel went jerkily forward but body stayed in the same place causing saddle to drop a few but very important millimeters, right leg quickly tries to sort things out by stamping right foot down on pedal causing the saddle to come shooting up at warp speed, straight into me knackers :ohmy:xx(

15. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Was going to get one of them, but there was none left.:biggrin:
    :tongue:
    Be interesting to know how you get on with it.