It's Lidl time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
The panniers are great. The clips don't look too long lasting but the body of them is as tough as Ortliebs in my view. Fine for utility cycling

tornadotony

Veteran
lidl

I've bought about 4 computers over the years from Lidl and 2 of these didn't work. Although it states 3 year guarantee you can't return to be replaced.
the socks are hopeless too. At the end of the day you get what you pay for and in my experience it rarely equates to quality at Lidl.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
tornadotony said:
I've bought about 4 computers over the years from Lidl and 2 of these didn't work. Although it states 3 year guarantee you can't return to be replaced.
the socks are hopeless too. At the end of the day you get what you pay for and in my experience it rarely equates to quality at Lidl.

I've had no problems with their tops, waterproof jacket, saddlebag toolkit and gloves; apart from the gloves, I'm still using the originals I bought back in 2006 !

Going to buy some more of the gloves this time - they're stunning value.

tyred

Legendary Member
I have never bought any bike specific gear from Lidl but have bought numerous tools there and have never had any problems and all seems to be of a decent quality and excellent value for money.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I get my borlotti beans, cannelini beans and tinned tomatoes from there. And beer. And the occasional chorizo. And fruit. And muesli bars for cycling. ;)

HelenD123

Legendary Member
sheddy said:
always annoys me that theres no bike racks and nowhere to put your stuff when you pay at the till

My local Lidl has bike racks right by the entrance. I know what you mean about the tills though.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:
My local Lidl has bike racks right by the entrance. I know what you mean about the tills though.

Is there a Lidl in Beverley ? Or is your local the Hull one on Bev Road. Beverley would be nearer for me if there is one :biggrin:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Soltydog said:
Is there a Lidl in Beverley ? Or is your local the Hull one on Bev Road. Beverley would be nearer for me if there is one :biggrin:

It's the one on the corner of Bev Road and Cottingham Road. There isn't one in Beverley. Sorry to disappoint!

Top Bottom