It's May.. and it's bleedin' cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
bbbbrrrrrrr!!! may have to get the leg warmers out again.. near mid may and it's bleedin' freezin' :laugh: had to pedal harder and faster to keep warm :biggrin:....lovely sunny commute though..

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Aye. I got cycling shorts for my Birthday. Not a chance I'm wearing them without buying knee warmers. I've been riding sleaved, gilleted and long fingered gloved since the weather got "nicer".

The cold spell seems to have killed off half my cooking herb crop as well :laugh:

Aye, I had to put my full fingered gloves and trousers on this morning. Still, it's dry and not much wind, so I'm not complaining! :laugh:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Oh it's not that bad. It's lovely and sunny in London with bone dry roads. That said I'm not on the bike today cos of a poorly foot but if I had been I would have had the summer kit on :laugh:

martint235 said:
Oh it's not that bad. It's lovely and sunny in London with bone dry roads. That said I'm not on the bike today cos of a poorly foot but if I had been I would have had the summer kit on :biggrin:

Ummm, I think it will be a tad warmer in London than in a village outside of Glasgow! :laugh::sad:

potsy

Rambler
Yesterday I was back in my almost full winter gear,minus 1 layer,ridiculous.
Might be brave later and go ss top and gilet,but am keeping the bikesters on though:smile:

Norm

I've been wearing shorts on the bike since I bought them in March. Mind you, I only ever wear thin polycotton walking trousers, even in the coldest rides, natural insulation, you see. :laugh:

Almost glad I was in the car today.

Must have been cold, the driver that shot in reverse out of her drive and across the road, then proceeded at 15mph was doing so whilst trying to drink her coffee from a household mug whilst driving.

It annoyed me particularly because it is a recommended cycle route and the way I normally cycle in, though there are a lot of parked cars either side, traffic each way trying to blast through, and of course, cyclists - some claiming the road space and more sitting in the door zone and leaving scant "squeezing" space to tempt the impatient driver. The last thing that needs adding to the mix is some twit weaving around trying to change gear with left hand whilst trying not to spill her coffee held in her right.

Of course, no police around when you want them

dodgy

I've just been looking at some archived weather recordings on Weatherunderground for stations near me. This last month is on average 7 Degs F (yes - SEVEN!) colder on a daily basis than the same period last year!
It feels more like March, and a cold one at that.

Jezston

Über Member
What's the weather like on the other side of the globe at the moment? Hotter than usual?

I reckon there's been a shift in the earth's axis and the guvenmints aren't telling us.

potsy

Rambler
Well,just looked out the window and it's raining again.No sign of the sun for me,don't set off for another 2 hours so fingers crossed for a bit of sunshine:becool:

Top Bottom