It's Mother's day, Not Muther's Day...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 5179098, member: 45"]For the uneducated, it's what the meal type is, not when you eat it, that dictates what you call it.

Maybe I could set up some training for you all?[/QUOTE]
So, if I have a fry up at 6pm, it's breakfast?

[QUOTE 5179098, member: 45"]For the uneducated, it's what the meal type is, not when you eat it, that dictates what you call it.

Maybe I could set up some training for you all?[/QUOTE]
Here’s a challenge. Go find me a link to a nice restaurant that has a dinner menu for the middle of the day or a tea menu for the end of the day?

[QUOTE 5179112, member: 45"]Normal restaurants have a main menu which focuses on dinners, but often with snacks or light bites in a different section.[/QUOTE]
Yet many have what is called a lunch menu and a dinner menu but yet to ever see a dinner menu served during the day.

[QUOTE 5179113, member: 45"]In a restaurant that's known as an all-day breakfast. So, yes, possibly.

My education ongoing in this thread will be limited, as it appears there may be some money for me to make.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but not a lot of money. You want to attract those who think nothing of paying a fiver for a hot drink, and that tends to be mostly those who say "mum" .

I speak a distinctly regional variant, and I say mum. Also mothers day is a secular day in May, not some repurposed religious holiday in Lent

[QUOTE 5179122, member: 45"]Can you not get main meals in the middle of the day in restaurants? Yes? That's what's called a dinner.

Those poncey restaurants you're talking about aren't likely to do crushed avocado and armadillo panini in the evening as they all eat dinner after dark and have their light meal (that's lunch) in the middle of the day.

Anything else?[/QUOTE]
There are many restaurants with proper cooked decent meals on what is called the lunch menu as it’s served during the day.

Fir example, the menus at The Ritz. It has a lunch menu that isn’t 3 cans of special brew and a pastie, but a proper meal.

I think the difficulty is clearly your idea of a good restaurant is one that uses plastic forks instead of wooden for the chips.

[QUOTE 5179129, member: 45"]The Ritz.

I think that's the case rested. Insecure Southern Softies uncomfortable with their roots, aspiring to ponce.[/QUOTE]
Ok. A restaurant if I ever had to go to (sick in my mouth) Manchester again looks nice. Dinner menu served.....

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
it's definitely Mum here... but the east Lancs leg of my family tend to say Mam (not to be confused with Ma'am).. My best mate when I was kid wasn't allowed to call his mother mum, mam. or mom... she thought such words were common and insisted on mummy or mother, even when he was 10/12 years old. I'm not sure what they say down south... i tend to close my ears the moment they open their mouths. :ohmy:

[QUOTE 5179129, member: 45"]The Ritz.

I think that's the case rested. Insecure Southern Softies uncomfortable with their roots, aspiring to ponce.[/QUOTE]
Ponce? Just because they have cutlery ?

[QUOTE 5179136, member: 45"]Grafene??

Apprentice-like ponce.

Edit: they also have a teatime menu. Hehe.[/QUOTE]
Like I say, plastic and wooden forks....

[QUOTE 5179147, member: 45"]One day I'll eat somewhere where the plates don't bend.[/QUOTE]
Just wait until the ketchup you have with them is Heinz.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Never on my travels have I heard Mom, or Mommy what planet is that from?! Did I read special Southern Books as kid? Anyway my kids all of them even the 21 year old still call us Mummy and Daddy FFS I duck under the table when we are out. Or in your world is that Mommy and Doddy..

In your defence the spell checker ignored Mommy, twatty thing.

Top Bottom