It's Mother's day, Not Muther's Day...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5178929, member: 45"].

Mom? Mommy? Yup. That's regional.

Mam? Mammy? Yup. That's regional.

Mum? Mummy? No, you've made that up, you quinoa munching wannabees. Yup. That's regional. [/QUOTE]
FTFY:smile:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 5178929, member: 45"]...you Southern Softies. For once the Americans have it right in following our Midlander. It's mom, not mum. It never was mum. Babies say momma, not mumma. It's mother, not muther.

In the same way that you insecure Southerners have attempted to eradicate the English dinner (Christmas lunch??? Get over yourselves) you're also trying to be posh and by doing so watering down culture.

Mum? Mummy? No, you've made that up, you quinoa munching wannabees.

I do hope @Markymark is a Southerner.[/QUOTE]
I'm not going to correct my mum for getting it wrong for over 60 years, especially not today.

[QUOTE 5178929, member: 45"]...you Southern Softies. For once the Americans have it right in following our Midlander. It's mom, not mum. It never was mum. Babies say momma, not mumma. It's mother, not muther.

In the same way that you insecure Southerners have attempted to eradicate the English dinner (Christmas lunch??? Get over yourselves) you're also trying to be posh and by doing so watering down culture.

So sad to see signs of senility in one so young!

On the one hand I don’t care what northerners think. On the other I have a lovely chicken sandwich, really tasty.

Adam4868

Guru
On the one hand I don’t care what northerners think. On the other I have a lovely chicken sandwich, really tasty.
Greggs ?

Venod

Eh up
Just googled Marm and the urban dictionary came up with this.

a british word meaning an old school teacher, usually a bespectacled virgin. somewhat old and stingy. fond of floral print granny panties.

Top Bottom