It's my anniversary...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...of cycle commuting. At least it is approximately. I can't remember what date I started (it's a shame the old C+ forums weren't archived!), but it was around about now. So that's 5 years I've been commuting to work on the bike.

It's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride! :biggrin:

Here's to the next 5! :thumbsup::biggrin:

Happy Anniversary ;-)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well done Dave.

4 & half years since I got back on a bike and struggled mile to local station.
now up to 2 years of a 30+mile round commute.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Aye I started of cycling 4.5 miles each way. I remember the little hill in the Clyde Tunnel being an absolute killer at first! My original route even took me on a path or two. :thumbsup::biggrin: I soon learned the err of my ways!

Now 10-13 miles each way and loving it! :biggrin:

Crankarm

Guru
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to ........ :thumbsup:.

5 years eh Magnatom......... The roads have never been safe .... r.

Think of all the changes you have seen over this time, the scrapes from which you have lived to tell the tale and laughs you have been given by motons and POBs. It will soon be Grandad Magna with Magna jnrs, sitting around, listening in awe and trepidation, to your tales of adventure and swash buckling decades ago.

Bon anniversaire.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Crankarm said:
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to ........ :rolleyes:.

5 years eh Magnatom......... The roads have never been safe .... r.

Think of all the changes you have seen over this time, the scrapes from which you have lived to tell the tale and laughs you have been given by motons and POBs. It will soon be Grandad Magna with Magna jnrs, sitting around, listening in awe and trepidation, to your tales of adventure and swash buckling decades ago.

Bon anniversaire.

Surely that should be, 'it's my party and I'll squeal like a girl if I want to!' :ohmy:

In truth a lot has changed. There are significantly more cyclists on the road now which is great. I have fewer incidents than I did at the start (better cycling on my part, probably) and I'm a lot fitter! :sad:

I certainly have my fair share of stories and I look forward to capitalising on that one day when I write my book! :sad:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Well done mags.

Sorry. Dave. Tom. Sir.

biking_fox

Guru
5 years, phooey. the youth of today. :rolleyes:

I started cyclign to work with my first job in '97 and although I've changed jobs, and moved since then, its still the best way to get to work. I'm sure there's plenty around been commuting much longer than me too.

Well done, keep it up.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

biking_fox said:
5 years, phooey. the youth of today. :rolleyes:

I started cyclign to work with my first job in '97 and although I've changed jobs, and moved since then, its still the best way to get to work. I'm sure there's plenty around been commuting much longer than me too.

Well done, keep it up.

Ah but, every year cycling in Glasgow counts as five anywhere else! :ohmy:;):sad:

Top Bottom