It's my first time tomorrow...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Maggot, 10 May 2010.

1. Maggot

Maggot Guest

at a club:ohmy:

MiniMaggot and me have joined Tor2000, we are off to the club tomorrow.

It's going to hurt isn't it:sad:

Anyone got any tips:biggrin:

2. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

What kind of club? S&M? Transvestites? Fishing? Bridge? Potholing? Folk music?

3. Bad Company

Bad Company The Next Stig !

Could be a wife swap club.:biggrin:

4. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

I assume it is this one. It would nice to be able to pop in to the Members Zone to read more about what they get up to, but you can't - it's the Members zone! :evil:

I don't know why organisations do that. I would allow everybody to read posts but only members to reply. That way, you'd get a better idea of whether you wanted to become a member in the first place.

5. OP
    OP
    Maggot

Maggot Guest

Oh, well I assumed it was a cycling club, you've got me thinking now though. I didn't actually check:wacko:

Oh well, so long as it's not Folk music, I wouldn't to damage a 10 year old for life:ohmy:

6. Davidc

Davidc Guru

With a Zummerzet Zycling club you needs tu bee curful with the MiniMaggot. thoze ztopz for a jar of zuydur cud bee a bit much for a 10 yare uld, even wun burn und bred yer.

An yu be curful hoo e azoziatez wiv, bein az ow therez all them Librulz around in Zummerzet theeze daze. Never nowz what theyz gunna be teeechin' 'im.

7. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Zzzzzzzzz........ *splat*

"Got the varmint!"

8. redddraggon

redddraggon Blondie

Aye my club lets you read the forums, but you can't post until you are a member.

9. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Looks very sporty. Hope mini Maggs is competitive :biggrin:

10. OP
    OP
    Maggot

Maggot Guest

Listen, MiniMags can look after himself, I'm more worried about me:blush:

After my eye operation I have not been allowed to raise my blood pressure for 3 weeks, tomorrow will be the first time on a bike (apart from a couple of rides to Tescos) since the 18th of April:sad:

11. OP
    OP
    Maggot

Maggot Guest

Well, that was a piece of cake. I tagged on a group, and stayed with them until the end. Obviously they were not the 'race' group, but the other lot, still going at a fair old rate though. Much quicker than I would normally ride mind, no problem though. Should have done it years ago:smile:

MiniMaggot did really well as well. Really confidently joined the junior section and even made a couple of new mates who were comparing shoes and bikes by the end of the night! Has anyone ever heard 3 10-12 year olds discussing Look vs Shimano vs SPDs:biggrin:

MiniMaggot has a Shimano groupset, so I can't wait for the inevitable Shimano vs Campag conversation:biggrin:

12. toekneep

toekneep Senior Member

Interesting point. We have just launched our website and currently have a members only area. I shall give that some thought based on your comments Colin.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice