It's my wedding anniversary guess who forgot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Nearly there

Nearly there

Veteran
She seems happy enough but she has commented that how come I always seem to have to work on our anniversary and she know's im responsible for staff scheduling at work ooops ;) but i have taken sunday off instead for my daughters birthday

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Why are women sh*t hot with remembering anniversaries etc ? when most blokes seem not arsed but it doesn't mean we don't care
So they can use it against us of course :whistle:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I remember anniversaries but I find birthdays particularly difficult to remember.

I generally try to rely on my phone calendar to remind me, until I change phones.:whistle:

Well, mine's easy to remember. If you're incapacitated, it must be my birthday.... ;)

(I'm hoping not next year. This year, at least, he was only sofa bound, and not actually in hospital, so things are going the right way)

I've pretty rubbish at dates myself, so I'm highly likely to forget actual dates, although I can usually pin an event down to one half of a month...

subaqua

What’s the point
I use outlook and set reminders weeks in advance and when it goes off set a snooze for a day then repeat till its the day. syncs to blackberry so never forget

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's more then my lifes worth to forget our wedding anniversary (our 14th last wednesday), birthday, valentines or christmas.
Early in our relationship I once forgot to get Mrs Ian a Christmas card, she cried......I have never forgotten again.

She has kept every card that she has received from me and everyone else in fact since I have known her.
They are in boxes in the loft.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
My wife forgot ours about five years ago and we both forgot it three years ago^_^

Guess I'm lucky
My wife isnt too fussed & we have both forgot on one occasion. We got married on 23rd April & one year the radio alarm came on to wake us in the morning & there was an item on the news about St Georges day, we both just looked at each other & said 'ooops' :laugh:

penguinking9

Being of the female persuasion, I'm meant to be good at this sort of thing but tbh, I generally remember about 3 weeks before the important date and then my brain seems to think 'Right, job done, you can forget all about it now'.

Which I promptly do.

Still, I remembered, that's the important thing. :blink:

avsd

Guru
yes i did

Good recovery booking the table for dinner. It happens to us all.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It's more then my lifes worth to forget our wedding anniversary (our 14th last wednesday), birthday, valentines or christmas.
Early in our relationship I once forgot to get Mrs Ian a Christmas card, she cried......I have never forgotten again.

She has kept every card that she has received from me and everyone else in fact since I have known her.
They are in boxes in the loft.
God. And I thought mine was nuts. No offense. :smile:

The missus woke me this morning said she was off into town and wished me a happy anniversary so I said the same back but at the same time thinking oh sh*t I totally forgot about that,Iv'e been so wrapped up looking for a 16th birthday prezzie for my daughter which is on sunday id totally forgot,well thats my excuse and im sticking with it:whistle: when I came downstairs there was also a card waiting for me so now I feel even worse.When she returned she said Iv'e bought myself some flowers :blush: Trying to redeem myself I said Iv'e booked a table on sunday evening for all of us(which I hadn't at this point) as I thought it would be nice if we could celebrate our anniversary and the daughters birthday together,what a good idea she said so I think iv'e pulled off a great escape :sweat:
Why are women sh*t hot with remembering anniversaries etc ? when most blokes seem not arsed but it doesn't mean we don't care

Which of course you had planned all along, but couldn't say anything as it was a surprise?

I am off the hook in some ways, I was married in 1982

My brother was the medic on HMS Glamorgan, and they were hit by an Exocet at about the same time

As a result it has never been appropriate to make a big thing about it

We celebrate privately and quietly

Chris H

Regular
Mrs H has a BIG thing for cards on all occasions, the gift isn't the issue just the thought I remembered, after 25 Yeats together I now buy Birthday, Christmas, Valentines, Anniversary in one go put them away so I have them sorted in advance.

Top Bottom